At BENCHMARK, a global hospitality company the definition of success is as individual as each of the over 10,000 employees worldwide who compose our award-winning teams. Each person brings unique skills, talents, experience, history, and culture to our company. Together, they form an extraordinary mosaic that supports BENCHMARK's very entrepreneurial culture. Each team member's desire for accomplishment is supported by our determination and passion to build successful and rewarding futures.
QUALIFICATIONS: KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
Experience in Golf Course Maintenance, Grounds Maintenance and/or Landscaping is helpful. Knowledge of game of golf is helpful. Ability to communicate in written and oral forms. Ability to work independently and in team setting. Ability to interact well with others in a professional manner. Ability to operate a variety of small equipment and hand tools in safe manner. Ability to adjust and learn new equipment and procedures.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: May include but limited to these tasks. (See Skills Training Outline for detailed functions)
- Must be well groomed. Dress requirements include assigned uniform with nametag. Uniform and nametag must be worn at all times while working on the property.
- Must be well-mannered, greet guests and employees when encountered, and show appreciation to the guest for being at the resort, show willingness to help guests and employees at all times.
- May be assigned responsibility for leading small group of other team members to achieve high quality results.
- Uses walking and riding greens mower, tee mower, fairway mower, rough mower, roller, bunker rake, carts, push mowers, and a variety of powered and non-powered hand tools to maintain golf course grounds and landscaping. Cleans and maintains equipment that is used. Treats all equipment with care and respect. Operates equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Sets cups and move tee markers.
- Hand waters greens and tees. Helps with irrigation repairs.
- Installs, cleans, and repairs drainage.
- Performs light custodial operations on golf course grounds and buildings, i.e. cleaning and stocking rest rooms, sweeping stones from paths, trash collection, mopping floors, etc. Uses mops and brooms.
- Reports problems encountered on site to supervisor immediately. Takes appropriate steps to address emergency situations.
- Paints and maintains buildings. Performs light carpentry work, as needed.
- Participates in snow removal processes. May require evening and night time work in poor weather conditions.
- Plants flowers, shrubs, trees, landscaping, and sod. Mulch and edge beds. Prepares beds for planting of materials. Pulls weeds. Uses hose to water plantings.
To assist other departments as required. Will perform additional duties as requested.
Seasonal (Hired for a particular season)
Monday through Friday. Start and End-time vary based on hours of daylight and special events. 6am to 2:30pm during spring and fall. 5am to 1:30pm during summer months. One weekend day required. Holidays required. Overtime with and without notice.
ENVIRONMENT: In and out doors setting, sun, heat, cold, snow, and rain.