Junior Sous Chef
The Mark Restaurant
Location: US - NY - New York
Jean-Georges Management is built on a powerful culinary foundation and has evolved into a reputable and award winning restaurant group. From inception, Chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten placed emphasis on the importance of providing the very best in culinary and tailored hospitality, which has resulted in the success of an acclaimed constellation of international restaurants. With over 25 restaurants located in 5 countries, we continuously strive towards excellence and rely on the support of our culinary and hospitality team members to contribute to our worldwide operations. At Jean-Georges Management, we pride ourselves on cultivating talents as well as hiring skilled professionals and rewarding them with the chance to grow alongside our constantly evolving organization and industry.
The Mark Restaurant by Jean-Georges
Jean-Georges Vongerichten brings his unbridled passion for fresh-from-the-market, simple cooking to The Mark Hotel. A world class menu of subtly innovative European classics as well as Jean-Georges' signature global seasonings will be sure to satisfy cravings for both simple and eclectic palates alike. Showcased in a copper and glass wine wall in the dining room are a collection of boutique and familiar food-friendly wines from around the world, with a focus on
value and diversity. The comfortable yet elegant dining room promises to be both a neighborhood favorite and a connoisseur's destination.
Junior Sous Chef
The Junior Sous Chef must implement the standards and the culinary vision of the brand while following all directives of the Chef de Cuisine. The Junior Sous Chef is a leader in the kitchen and a manager of the culinary program and is responsible for delivering the highest quality food and service at all times.
• Ensure the highest levels of cleanliness and organization are maintained in the kitchen at all times, without exception. All sanitation and health department codes and company checklists must be followed at all times.
• Ensure that kitchen is properly equipped and in good repair.
• Ensure the proper execution of all recipes.
• Ensure proper and timely execution of all food (accurate plating, hot food hot and cold food cold). All food served in the allotted time frame. Expedite service when necessary.
• Conducts Line Checks and oversees the line check process for all shifts to ensure quality levels.
• Oversee the sourcing of product. Ensure the purchase of the best quality ingredients, the proper spec and the right price.
• Oversee the organization and cleanliness of all food and other kitchen storage areas
• Follow all company policies and procedures for inventory controls
• Lead by example, mentor and develop all culinary staff.
• Is a leader and is able to motivate staff members.
• Must maintain a high level of integrity.
• Is able to adapt in difficult situations, solve problems and make decisions when necessary.
• Must have the ability to perform this job successfully, including each essential duty.
• Must understand operation of all related equipment.
• Must have a good understanding in all aspects of food cost control.
• Must have Knowledge of fine dining presentation and service.
• Must possess the ability to communicate via written and oral communication with the culinary team and customers alike.
• Must have basic math skills and be capable of operating department specific software and applications.