Japanese Guest Experience Manager - Bilingual - Grand Islander by Hilton Grand Vacations
Hilton World Wide Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
What will I be doing?
A Resort Manager with Hilton Grand Vacations is responsible for assisting the Assistant General Manager and Rooms Division Manager in all facets of the property operation by maximizing all resources to ensure outstanding customer service and guest satisfaction while meeting financial goals. Commitment and dedication to our Spirit of Service culture is an expected behavior to be displayed towards ours guests and team members at all times:
- Be outwardly visible and interact with the guests/owners in all public areas to insure the proper guest experience. Serve as a public relations ambassador for the resort at all times. Routinely rotate through each area of the resort assessing quality assurance measures (cleanliness, attentiveness of staff, and any engineering needs). Consult with department managers of any areas needing attention.
- Build a strong rapport with team members in each department and strive to educate, motivate, recognize and reward those exemplifying high levels of service.
- Track all guest issues and complaints, maintain updated information and provide immediate guest recovery solutions. Take proactive measures to resolve any potential guest issues or challenges in service. Identify challenges and consult with department managers on suggestions for improvements or guest service enhancements. Works with appropriate managers to implement changes.
- Ensures that all VIP rooms are inspected before arrival. Will greet and escort VIP to the room.
- Responsible for daily inspection of at least 5 units per day. Performs a minimum of 25 inspections per week.
- Performs daily inspections of public area items such as carpet cleaning, furniture cleaning, deep cleaning of hallways and stairways, health club, etc. to ensure HGVC's standards are met. Reports any discrepancies to the proper department.
- Attend all department pre-shift meetings to ensure proper communication of all pertinent guest issues to include occupancy levels, groups/owners in house, guest feedback, process reviews and any necessary interdepartmental information.
- Coordinates all potential sell-out situations with Executive Housekeeper to ensure that all vacant rooms are assigned to a Housekeeper for cleaning. Coordinates all additional needs with the Guest Services Manager.
- Carries out any reasonable request by management of which the employee is capable of performing.
What are we looking for?
Hilton Grand Vacations is a leader in the vacation ownership industry, operating with an unwavering commitment to innovation, quality, and continued growth. At the core of our company's success are our Team Members. To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
4-year college degree preferred
- Prior hospitality management experience - Front Office and Housekeeping experience required.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exhibits a professional demeanor, business savvy and strong public relations skills.
- Ability to speak, write, read English and Japanese.
All team members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
- Ability to work rotating shifts, days off and holidays when needed.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to perform multi-task assignments.
- Demonstrated ability to provide exceptional customer service.
Currently, Hilton Grand Vacation is a subsidiary of Hilton. We presently anticipate that, at some point in 2016, Hilton Grand Vacations will be spun off from Hilton and become an independent, public company. We do not anticipate that this change will affect your terms of employment.
There's something truly unique about Hilton Grand Vacations. The foundation of our culture has been about creating memorable experiences and making a positive impact within our industry and the communities in which we live and work. Our Team Members are the driving force behind these efforts. It is their talent, passion, and commitment to our brand that has fueled the success of Hilton Grand Vacations.
Hilton Grand Vacations develops, markets, and operates a system of brand-name, high-quality vacation ownership resorts in highly desirable vacation destinations. Our company also manages and operates two innovative club membership programs: Hilton Grand Vacations Grand Vacations Club® and The Hilton Club®, providing exclusive exchange, leisure travel, and reservation services for more than 250,000 Club Members.
Currently, Hilton Grand Vacation isa subsidiary of Hilton. We presently anticipate that, at some point in 2016,Hilton Grand Vacations will be spun off from Hilton and become an independent,public company. We do not anticipate that this change will affect your terms ofemployment.