In Room Dining Server
The Summit, a Dolce Hotel
Location: US - OH - Cincinnati
As the world’s largest hotel company, and a leading player in the global hospitality industry, Wyndham Hotel Group boasts 7,500 hotels and 15 brands in 70 countries—all supported by more than 7,000 associates on six continents. And we know our success is attributable to our associates, a bright, talented and diverse group of individuals who embrace our signature Count On Me! service culture and have a passion for excellence. To learn more visit us at http://www.wyndhamworldwide.com.
Located less than ten miles from downtown Cincinnati, The Summit is set to usher in a new era of style and sophistication in the Queen City. The anchor of $124 million mixed-use development on the campus of MedPace, the 239-room hotel will delight guests with a contemporary, Cincinnati-centric art collection; modern Fitness Center with yoga studio; and well-stocked library. Chefs and mixologists will oversee an innovative program highlighted by fresh, seasonal ingredients with a culinary nod to the region’s German heritage.
The Summit offers up a refreshing dose of local color and flavor, and promises a unique Cincinnati experience for passionate travelers.
Wyndham Hotel Group is searching for an In Room Dining Server to work at the art-centric Summit Hotel in Cincinnati, OH. This position is responsible for providing the set up and delivery of all food & beverage orders to guests in accordance with the property's guidelines to ensure outstanding customer service.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Set up and deliver all food and beverage orders in accordance with property’s established guidelines, procedures and policies.
- Provides guests with exceptional service in order to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Conduct floor sweeps and retrieve all food and beverage trays in order to maintain established sanitation guidelines.
- Set up and deliver all VIP amenities.
- Service all hospitality suites in accordance with Banquet Event Orders and established policies and procedure.
- Complete all shift side work as outlined in the hotel’s operating policies and procedures.
- Respond to customer needs, issues, comments and problems to ensure a quality experience and enhance future sales; report all communication to immediate shift supervisor.
- Minimum formal education of some high school and a minimum one year job-related experience preferred.
- Must have basic knowledge of food and beverage preparation, service standards, guest relations and etiquette.
- Must be able to abide by the company appearance standards and compliance with the designated uniform.
- Dedicated to exceeding service standards and providing services and standards to the highest caliber.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organization.
- Proficiency in oral and written communication skills in English.
- Must be able to work variable shift, weekends, holidays, and special events, as needed.
- Must have employment eligibility in the U.S.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend and use hands to handle objects, tools or controls.
- Ability to grasp, bend, lift and/or carry, or otherwise, move or push goods on a cart weighing a maximum of 100 lbs., at a continuous schedule.
- Must be able to transport large trays weighing up to 30lbs.
- Frequently is required to talk or hear.