Employees at Lansdowne Resort are carefully selected, not hired. Here, you will experience how to deliver quality hospitality and provide exceptional customer service that will meet and exceed all of the expectations of our loyal guests. Lansdowne Resort is the preeminent resort and golf club experience in Northern Virginia. A recipient of the AAA Four Diamond Award in every year of its existence, this Virginia resort combines world-class service, urban style, understated luxury and premium amenities. Located in the heart of DC Wine Country and just 30 minutes away from the Nation's Capital, Lansdowne is managed by Destination Hotels & Resorts, one of the premier hotel management companies in the country.
We value passionate people who love to be challenged and desire the freedom to contribute to the overall success of the organization, while accepting full responsibility and accountability. We strive to create a work place culture that values family, work life balance, and community. We help develop our associates and provide support for them to be professionally successful and to have future growth opportunities predicated on that success.
This is your invitation to join us and build a career. Our destination is where your journey begins.
Job OverviewThis position will specialize in a maintenance trade which includes but is not limited to; HVAC/Refrigeration, Painter, Electrician, Plumber, Carpenter and Pool Technician.
While assuming the responsibilities in their respective trade, this position will also be responsible with assisting to guest requests, perform general maintenance tasks, complete assigned work orders and help in the maintenance and repairs of all the areas of the property including but not limited to; guest rooms, public areas, kitchens, laundry, HVAC/CP equipment, electrical systems, plumbing systems, pools, spas, refrigeration equipment, painting, drywall, wallpaper, carpentry, furniture and all other related or unrelated equipment or facilities maintenance requirements and preventive maintenance programs.Essential Functions
- Take ownership in the specialized trade hired for such as; HVAC/Refrigeration, Painter, Electrician, Plumber, Carpenter and Pool Technician
- Perform general maintenance to guestrooms and public areas
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas
- Receive daily work assignments and review priorities and special projects
- Maintain timelines and work schedule in accordance with the preventive maintenance program
- Perform other trades as needed such as; electrical, HVAC, plumbing, painting, pool maintenance and carpentry work orders
- Maintain the proper use, cleaning, maintenance and storage of all tools
- Handle chemicals for designated uses/surfaces
Ensure security of any assigned keys
- Must be certified in the trade in which this position is specialized
- Previous experience in specialized trade at a similar facility Must have basic knowledge in the building maintenance fields with a minimum of one (1) year in a similar position or equal experience and or training
- Some general-overall mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, kitchen, carpentry and facilities maintenance knowledge
- Must know how to use or have the ability to learn and understand basic diagnostic devices to trouble shoot and maintain equipment (meters, detectors, measuring tools, test kits, etc.)
- Must be experienced with hand tools and other tools used in the normal repair and maintenance of equipment