A Premier Hotel Management & Investment Company with Strategic Vision and Strong Core Values
Since 1987, Pacific Hospitality Group has maintained a strategic vision and strong core values as guiding principles for business success. With luxury hotel properties from Napa Valley to Southern California, PHG's growing portfolio of hotel and resort investments reinforces the company's cohesive vision and ensuing success.
PHG manages, develops, finances, and owns hotels and resorts located in California, Hawaii, Arizona and Louisiana. We currently own and manage 11 hotels and resorts, representing over 2,676 rooms and 203,650 square feet of premier indoor meeting and event space.
The Balboa Bay Resort and Club is seeking a Human Resources Training Manager to assist in providing daily leadership and management.
Are you a pro-active thinking individual that meets challenges with enthusiasm and urgency in a fast-paced hospitality environment? Do you take pride in your ability to motivate and lead a teams to provide outstanding guest satisfaction and quality service? Are you pro-active and results oriented and enjoy an environment that cultivates providing consistent exceptional service?
If the answer is YES, The Balboa Bay Resort and Club is looking for you!
The Resort Training Manager will create, implement, and manage all training and communication related activities for all Hotel operations departments and lead departments into productive working methods by setting an example and utilizing all available training tools. Responsibilities include:
- Driving service scores by insuring staff provides continuous outstanding customer service focusing on FORBES standards.
- Oversee, manage, and conduct all training-related programs, initiatives, communication, and activities for all Hotel operations departments.
- Partner with Hotel department leaders to ensure division and department training materials and SOPs and other training tools are up-to-date and utilized effectively.
- Assist with on-boarding / orientations within the division.
- Train, monitor and reinforce standards and training accountability.
- Ensure employees are within compliance and are appropriately trained/certified as deemed appropriate for their roles, including ensuring employees sign off for all SOP training and Service Standards on an on-going basis, are fully trained in applicable systems/ programs, e.g. Opera, and have completed company compliance courses, e.g. Code of Conduct, TIPS training, Food Handlers, etc.
- Prepare quarterly department and employees training plans to address specific areas of weakness; oversee execution of these plans, including performing weekly process and product evaluations.
- Coach employees using "Reinforcement Coaching" and "Corrective Coaching" when appropriate. Train division management to understand and utilize these coaching methods.
- Develop and roll-out training programs, as needed, with a focus on and improve guest service and loyalty.
- Establish formalized on-boarding training plans for individual positions; Set up training schedules for employees; Perform follow-up on all new employees.
- Ensure employee compliance courses are completed.
- Protect the confidentiality of all training files, documents, and employee information under their immediate control.
- Partner with department managers to launch and facilitate various projects and planning initiatives.
- Involved in the interviewing process of new employees; make hire recommendations.
- Attend and assist with setting up/leading meetings, when applicable and as appropriate (e.g. Safety meetings, Guest Experience, employee leadership development, AB1825, Food Handler Card, TIPs Training, etc.).
- Perform all other job related duties as requested.
- At least 1 year management experience
- At least 1 year training experience
- At least 1 year guest service experience
- Able to lead and mentor team members
- Flexible with schedule to work days, evening, weekends, and holidays
Ideal candidate will have:
- Previous hotel training experience at a management level - 2+ years preferred
- Embraces customer service excellence
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written
- Computer savvy
- Previous experience with FORBES standards training
- Bi-lingual, Spanish is highly desired
- Previous operation experience in a hotel or restaurant setting is a plus
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to manipulate equipment, and to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, or crouch. Frequent visits to individual resort properties, of such facilities which have a wide diversity of topography are required. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move office supplies weighing up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. Finger dexterity is required to operate a computer keyboard and calculator.
For more information about this hotel and Pacific Hospitality Group (PHG), click on Hotel Portfolio tab and About PHG.
The Balboa Bay Resort and Club is an equal opportunity and E-Verify employer M/F/V/D
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.