Human Resources Manager
Location: US - FL - Islamorada
Summary: Directs all areas of Human Resource administration including; employment, salary administration, employee relations, employee benefits, management and development/training. Provides advice and counsel on all laws affecting the operations in regards to employees by performing the following duties. Maintains confidentiality in all communication.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Analyzes wage and salary reports and data to determine competitive compensation plan.
- Writes directives advising department managers of company policy regarding equal employment opportunities, compensation, and employee benefits.
- Consults legal counsel to ensure that policies comply with federal and state law.
- Develops and maintains a human resources system that meets top management information needs.
- Oversees the analysis, maintenance, and communication of records required by law or local governing bodies, or other departments in the organization.
- Studies legislation, arbitration decisions, and collective bargaining contracts to assess industry trends.
- Writes and delivers presentations to corporate officers or government officials regarding human resources policies and practices.
- Directs all recruiting and employment activities for management and hourly positions with the time periods established.
- Administers the salary administration policies and programs. Reviews and readjusts salary ranges; conducts local wage surveys; monitors merit increase pools and increases.
- Coordinates management development and employee training. Recommends new programs based on need.
- Directs all training activities and conducts seminars as required and recommends to Managing Director any new seminars and their objectives.
- Provides analysis of labor situation at the property and recommends course of action to eliminate union activities.
- Administers all associate benefit and insurance programs and recommends annually new programs and cost including worker’s compensation.
- Stays abreast of all Federal and State laws and keeps management advised of changes which affect associates and operations.
- Monitors and recommends all associate activities and programs including additions, deletions and changes.
- Provides counsel and assistance to all management personnel in regards to associate problems dealing with supervision and administration.
- Conducts annual associate opinion survey.
- Responsible for directing and coordinating the following:
- Pre-employment drug testing
- Performance evaluations for hourly and non-exempt associates
- Career planning for management personnel
- Associate handbook and information guide
- Responsible for the administration of all company policy and procedure information.
- Oversee & regularly update the resort’s compensation policy and wage administration.
- Conduct weekly & monthly Sexual Harassment training for all associates.
- Directs all housing activities.
- Carries out all additional assignments as delegated.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.