The Renaissance Baton Rouge hotel is currently seeking a Human Resources Director.
The Director of Human Resources is responsible for staffing qualified personnel; ensuring employment statute
compliance; overseeing all aspects of wage, benefit, worker’s compensation unemployment; training program
direction, implementation and administration; and employee relations coaching, counseling and discipline.
Job Description (Partial)
• Direct and supervise Human Resources staff.
• Prepare and maintain Human Resources budget.
• Maintain thorough and current knowledge of all Human Resources/employee regulations and laws, and
ensure that the property is in compliance.
• Participate in EEO, Unemployment, Wage & Hour, Worker’s compensation, OSHA, ADA, Immigration
and Naturalization Service hearings. Implement policies and programs to guarantee compliance.
• Communicate new policies, information, and directives to all employees.
• Instruct staff in interpretation of HR policies and procedures.
• Ensure staff’s compliance with HR policies and procedures.
• Coordinate and monitor recruitment, screening and reference checking of all non-exempt personnel.
• Recruit, interview and recommend all exempt personnel.
• Maintain employee benefits programs.
• Set up, approve and maintain all wage and salary programs, including performance evaluations.
• Recommend and/or approve all employee transitions, i.e., new hire, transfer, promotion, etc.
• Maintain open door policy.
• Monitor and analyze turnover statistics.
• Conduct training classes.
Education & Experience:
• At least 5 years of progressive Human Resources experience in a hotel or a related industry; or a 4-year
college degree and at least 2 years of related experience; or a 2-year college degree and 3 or more years of
• Previous supervisory responsibility required.
• College course work in related field helpful.
• Familiarity with and knowledge of employment laws are helpful.
• Long hours sometimes required.
• Light work – Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or
constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
Baton Rouge, LA
Position Available: Immediately
Bonus Plan: Yes
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the location of this job will not be considered.
Management Position: Yes
Hiring Contact: Kellie Kulivan
Contact Title: Corporate HR Director
Address: 401 Veterans Memorial Blvd Suite 102, Metairie, LA, 70005, US