HR Compliance Specialist
• Ensures LHUO complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
• Advises mangers on organizational policy matters such as: EEO, affirmative action, FCRA, joint-employment, NLRA, FMLA, and all other pertinent laws related to the HR function and recommended changes as needed.
• Continuously monitors Department of Labor, Department of Homeland Security, and other federal and state websites for announcements that will affect business practices. Creates processes to ensure compliance with news, such as Temporary Protected Status extensions.
• Directly manages the Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification program for LHUO. Provides continual updates to the properties regarding eligibility standing of Team Members. Validates compliance by auditing the Human Resources Information System.
• Supports HR Compliance Manager by designing an annual internal audit schedule, collecting and coordinating internal compliance data, and developing after action reports.
• Creates and maintains a log for all Subpoena records.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading professional publications. Prepares and delivers training on new information to HR leaders and property managers.
• Enhances compliance department reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests.
Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
• Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
• Attention to Detail - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
• Research Skills - Ability to design and conduct a systematic, objective, and critical investigation.
• Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
• Legal Compliance - Ability to validate if business practices follow legal requirements.
• Confidentiality - Ability to recognize sensitive information and keep data and conversations confidential.
• Planning and Organizing - Ability to outline action steps from project concept to design to implementation.
• Information Monitoring - Ability to recognize updated information and understand the business impact.
• Workday Human Capital Management HRIS Experience
Previous experience with issues relating to FLSA, COBRA, HIPAA, EEO, FMLA, ADA, Affirmative Action Plans, and FCRA Compliance. Computer Skills: Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project required. Familiar with or able to learn Workday HRIS and TimeSaver Time & Attendance systems.
Loews Hotels is a vibrant collection of one-of-a-kind hotels with distinct personalities. Each hotel and resort offers high-quality accommodations, impressive surroundings, personalized service, and thoughtful amenities for a luxurious guest experience. As a company we care about our guests, our community and our team members.
Headquartered in New York City, Loews Hotels manages properties in most major markets in the U.S. and Canada. Each property goes beyond Four Diamond standards to provide guests with a supremely comfortable, uniquely local travel experience at a great value. Loews Hotels boast prime locations in the cities of New York, Washington DC, Denver, Los Angeles, Nashville, Philadelphia, Annapolis, Montreal, and Quebec City, as well as world-renowned vacation destinations such as Miami's South Beach, Universal Orlando, New Orleans, Tucson, and California's Coronado Island. Loews has established some of the industry's most innovative and successful travel programs, including Loews Loves Kids for families and Loews Loves Pets for discerning animals on the road.
At Loews Hotels, our team members' commitment to our guests and dedication to our communities is cherished. We seek genuine individuals who are able to engage and delight our guests by providing Four Diamond AND MORE service. We invest in training and development opportunities for all team members, so they may grow and develop as individuals. We embrace diversity at our core and offer the opportunity for all team members to reach their potential as professionals. At Loews Hotels, we seek to create a dynamic culture that makes work interesting, challenging, fulfilling and fun.
As part of our commitment to our team members, Loews Hotels is proud to offer competitive compensation and benefit plans tailored to each marketplace. These include:
- Pay that meets or exceeds area standards
- Retirement (401-K) and incentive plans
- Medical and dental coverage
- Short and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Team member assistance plans
- Career development programs
- Tuition reimbursement programs
Loews Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture, M/F/D/V