Swire Hotels announces the opening in 2015 of EAST, Miami at Brickell City Centre, Swire Properties Inc.'s US$1 billion mixed use development in Miami's downtown financial district. It will be the hotel group's first property in the United States and the third hotel under the EAST brand, after the successful opening of EAST, Hong Kong in Island East in 2010 and EAST, Beijing at INDIGO, Beijing in 2012.
EAST, Miami is a lifestyle hotel with a pulse. Perched on top of Brickell City Centre, EAST connects directly to dozens of vibrant restaurants and countless shops while the thriving Brickell street scene lies just outside the door. In the heart of downtown, EAST, Miami offers 255 contemporary rooms, 8 modern suites and 89 serviced apartments.
We serve Guests with the freedom and spontaneity reflected in the individual personalities of our team members.
Who We Are
Swire Hotels is a collection of three individual brands of hotels. This includes the House Collective, EAST and Chapter Hotels. We promise to create different, surprising, relaxing, intoxicating and unique hotel experiences but only those that will actively improve the lives of our guests.
We set out to find natural, engaging and intuitive people and to create a style of service that is both highly professional, yet relaxed and unstuffy.
Our team members flourish by being encouraged to be themselves with guests in order to create engaging and intuitive relationships.
Nature of the Job
Basic Purpose & Objective of the Position
To provide support all Housekeeping areas to the hotel by ensuring that the premises are clean and tidy at all times.
* Delivers the brand promise and provides exceptional guest service at all times.
* Provides excellent service to internal customers.
* Handles all guest and employee complaints and inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner. Communicates immediately all guest complaints to Housekeeping Supervisors and Managers.
* Maintains positive guest and colleague interactions with good working relationships.
* Ensures that all company minimum brand standards have been implemented, and that optional brand standards have been implemented where appropriate.
* Assists in keeping housekeepers fully supplied with linens, etc., and remove soiled linens and trash.
* Keeps public and work areas clean and free of debris.
* Assists housekeeping department in deep cleaning guest and public areas.
* Assists with effective pickup and delivery of all guest laundry/dry cleaning items.
* Performs all guest deliveries/services as assigned by the Floor Supervisor in prompt manner.
* Maintains cleanliness of all carpets, corridors, guest elevators, back of the house elevators, and non-carpets in public areas.
* Provides Housekeepers with necessary supplies.
* Identifies and reports preventative or other maintenance issues in public areas or guest rooms.
* Maintains all Housekeeping closets fully stocked and clean.
* Supports Swire Hotels' cultural and people development implementations and characteristics.
* Attends and contributes to all training sessions and meetings as required.
* Exercises responsible behavior at all times and positively representing the hotel team and Swire Hotels.
* Maintains strong, professional relationship with relevant representatives from competitor hotels, business partners and other organizations.
* Reads the hotel's Employee Handbook and have an understanding of and adheres to the hotel's rules and regulations and in particular, the policies and procedures relating to computer resources, fire, hygiene, health and safety.
* Ensures high standards of personal presentation and grooming.
* Responds to changes within Housekeeping, as dictated by the industry, company and hotel.
* Carries out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience Requirements
* High-school diploma or equivalent.
* Professional hotel training preferred.
* Familiarity with cleaning products and equipment.
* Ability to read and comprehend routine instructions, short correspondence and memos.
* Presentable, fun, well-organized and with multi-tasking capability.
* Ability to give high priority to customer service.
* Flexible and dedicated team player.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
See description above.