Residence Inn Amelia Island
Location: US - FL - Fernandina Beach
Fernandina Beach, FL, US 32034
A Housekeeping Supervisor is a proud member of our team of housekeeping professionals. The housekeeping supervisor is responsible for maintaining the highest standard of leadership, cleanliness, attention to detail, and guest service. Our housekeeping supervisor will take pride in their work and will hold the room attendants accountable to pay exceptional attention to detail to ensure all aspects of our guest rooms look their best at all times. An always friendly, always helpful attitude is required to exceed the expectations of our guests and fellow associates.
The purpose of this role is to assist in the management and supervision of the Housekeeping Department and ensure that the hotel guest rooms and public spaces in accordance with guest expectations and the hotel's standard of products and services. This position reports to the Executive Housekeeper.
In this role, you will be expected to do the following:
- Supervise and train Housekeeping staff.
- Visually inspect guest rooms, public spaces, and corridors for cleanliness and appearance.
- Train new and current employees on the use of chemicals for different surfaces.
- Supports management in budgeting, labor costs and inventory control.
- Ensure that both carts and supply closets are kept clean, neat, and stocked according to housekeeping guidelines.
- Maintain inventory of amenities, chemicals, linen and other items to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Report all maintenance deficiencies in guest rooms and corridors via work orders; use radio communication to report all emergencies.
- Guide staff to ensure that guest service and safety is our top priority.
- Assist room attendants and house persons in securing all supplies and tools necessary for the completion of their jobs.
- Maintain inventory of amenities, chemicals and other supplies to ensure standards are met, and reorder such in a timely manner.
- Monitor issuance of keys and maintain inventory.
- Coordinate with laundry to ensure linen is picked up and delivered to meet hotel needs.
- At least 1 year of experience in supervisory housekeeping position is required.
- Ability to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
- Knowledge of basic sanitation requirements/controls and applications of relevant chemicals.
- Ability to be hands-on with the daily cleaning of the hotel.
- Ability to stand, walk, bend, reach and move continuously to inspect rooms on all floors of the hotel.
- Ability to exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Certificates in sanitation and safety are desired.