The Rizzo Center in Chapel Hill, North Carolina is a sophisticated meeting destination ideally situated near Research Triangle Park (RTP) and the Raleigh-Durham International Airport. Secluded on 30 acres of lush wooded landscape, the environment and architecture of the Center inspires creative thinking and encourages fresh perspectives. We foster a creative, entrepreneurial and energetic work environment where people come to work and have fun. We value passionate people who love to be challenged and desire the freedom to contribute to the overall success of the organization. Your role will be integral to the success of our hotel. We strive to create a work place culture that values family, work life balance and community. We help develop our associates and provide support for them to grow their careers.
Our associates are proud to work here!
Job OverviewThis position will supervise, train and inspect the performance of assigned Housekeeping staff ensuring that all procedures are completed to the established standards. This person will assist where necessary to ensure optimum service to guests.Essential Functions
- Supervise staff in the performance of all daily procedures to ensure they are performed to standards
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards
- Prepare and distribute assignment sheets to assigned staff and review priorities
- Inspect guest rooms, guest corridors, elevator foyer area, vending area, service area including linen closet, staff restroom and storage area
- Inspect public areas/bathrooms, restaurants, spa, pool area, offices and service areas after being cleaned by respective personnel, using designated checklists
- Assist staff with their job functions where needed to ensure optimum cleanliness and service standards for guests
- Knowledge of proper cleaning techniques and chemical handling, requirements and use of equipment
- Fluency in English both verbal and non-verbal. Provide legible communication
- Compute mathematical calculations
- Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data
- Ability to ascertain departmental training needs and provide such training
- Ability to direct performance of staff and follow up with corrections when needed
- Ability to input and access information in the property management system/computers
- MUST BE FLEXIBLE & ABLE TO WORK WEEKENDS
- Previous experience required
- Competitive compensation including Health Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Sick Pay. In addition, meals are provided FREE OF CHARGE on site by our illustrious chef and food and beverage team during your shift. FREE PARKING. Various fun and engaging employee events are scheduled throughout the year!