Tofino is a small town brimming full of adventure. Popular activities around town include: fishing, kayaking, hiking, biking, wildlife viewing, golfing, art appreciation and so much more. Musicians and artisans thrive in Tofino with it's numerous galleries, festivals, and culturally-inspired events. Annually, you can partake in the Pacific Rim Whale Festival, The Tofino Food & Wine Festival, The Shorebird Festival, the Clayoquot Oyster Festival, and the list goes on. There's always something to do here, and always interesting new friends to try it with. Tofino is a town of earth-lovers. We bike and walk when we can, and pick up trash if we see it. We strive to include this earth-loving strategy in all departments of the Inn, and work towards not only promoting the unique climate around us, but to preserve and protect it as well.
There is a place where your co-workers are warm and friendly, the guests you greet are interesting and unique, and your work place is surrounded by pristine rainforest, idyllic beaches, and the rush of the Pacific Ocean. After a fulfilling day you hop on your bike, and head home along a well-used bike trail, where you pass families, couples, tourists and locals all out enjoying the adventure of the rugged west coast. When you get home you pull on your wetsuit, grab your board and hit the waves on one of Tofino's numerous surf hot spots. Not into surfing? You'll want to try it once you've seen these unique athletes attempt to tame the wild pacific. This is our daily life at the Wickaninnish Inn, in Tofino, British Columbia.
We strive to provide our employees with work / life balance, ensuring they have ample time to relax away from work and take advantage of the unique destination where we live. We encourage internal promotion, providing our employees with the opportunity to grow and develop, both as an individual, and in their career. Our employees are the type of people who go that extra mile for not only their guests, but their co-workers and neighbours as well. We employ team-oriented people, who don't hesitate to take on an extra task. Our employees make the Inn their own, and offer customer service at the highest level possible, as though you were welcoming a beloved relative into your own home. We offer introductory staff accommodation, competitive wages, and a comprehensive extended health care plan, including dental & eye care.
1. Desire to assist and lead by example and be a pro-active member of the Housekeeping Leadership Team
2. Must support and assist the Housekeeping Manager as they are responsible and accountable for the actions of all Housekeeping Team Members. Work as a "hands-on" supervisor, assisting the team as they strive to meet or exceed guests' expectations
3. Be the contact person for all guests or team members who may be requiring immediate assistance from the Housekeeping Supervisor, and/or follow up with guest concerns as necessary
4. Participate in all Human Resource functions within the Housekeeping Department, as directed by the Housekeeping Manager.
5. Contribute and assist in creating a positive atmosphere for learning & development for the Housekeeping Team Members.
6. Assist in creating, implementing, monitoring and continually improving systems designed to organize and control the efficient flow of guests, team members & supplies through the Housekeeping Department.
7. Participate in the creation and achievement of the annual budget for the Housekeeping Department, as directed by the Housekeeping Manager.
8. Be responsible for the overall cleanliness and physical condition of the Housekeeping departmental and storage areas while on duty.
9. Assist in the completion all assigned administrative responsibilities required to maintain the smooth operation of the Housekeeping Department.
10. Be familiar with the position descriptions for the Housekeeping Manager and Assistant Manager, and in their absence complete their duties, when appropriate.
11. Ensure all Housekeeping team members are properly trained in WHMIS procedures, and ensure all up to date and relevant MSDS forms are on-site, properly stored, and readily accessible to any team member who may need them.
1. Exemplary customer service skills and a demonstrated willingness to exceed guest expectations
2. Must possess the ability and desire to assist in leading a world-class Housekeeping Team.
3. Good Human Resources skills are required.
4. Minimum 1 year management or supervisor experience in the service industry or 2 years of experience in a high-end luxury facility is necessary.
5. Good interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal are needed.
6. Good organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to multi-task in a stressful environment, and creative problem solving skills are necessary.
7. Desire to gain knowledge of standard operating financial statements as well as the budgeting process, scheduling and effective cost management.
8. Working knowledge of Epitome, Maximizer, Microsoft Word and Excel, and File Maker Pro are assets.
9. Must enjoy working evenings and weekends.
10. Above average sanitation knowledge is an asset. First Aid certification would also be an asset.
11. Ability to commit for 24 months.
To apply for this career opportunity, please send your resume with letter of intent to firstname.lastname@example.org
By submitting an application you are attesting that the information given is accurate and you give consent to The Wickaninnish Inn to verify through means of previous employer contact and collection of information directly or in directly through public social media. Due to the volume of applications we will only be contacting applicants that we feel are most compatible with our property.