Corporate OverviewThe Procaccianti Group (TPG) currently owns and/or operates 64 hotels in 24 states and employs approximately 8,000+ people from coast to coast with 120 professionals based at the corporate headquarters in Rhode Island.
TPG is seeking energetic, service-oriented individuals to participate in the strong growth that we are experiencing. With 50 years of real estate and hospitality management, our available positions are as diverse as our business ventures. TPG offers a wide variety of managerial and entry level positions with a competitive/attractive salary, 401k & benefits.
What you will be doing
- Supervise the Housekeeping staff. Ensure new associates are equipped with the necessary knowledge and skills to achieve job expectations. Evaluate the staffs job performance and coach and counsel as necessary. Clearly communicate to associates the standards of performance and their role in contributing to individual and team success. Ensure all required training occurs including orientation, safety, fire, alcohol awareness, food handling and blood-borne pathogen. Ensure staff compliance with internal controls, policies, procedures, standards and regulations. Insist on a work environment that is free from harassment.
- Perform and supervise the cleaning and inspection of the guest rooms, public areas and back of the house. Ensure compliance with proper cleaning techniques, procedures, brand standards and regulations. Ensure proper use of cleaning equipment and supplies.
- Issue staff cleaning assignments including special requests, areas of concentration and deep cleaning.
- Ensure maintenance problems are promptly reported to Engineering through proper channels.
- Order supplies and maintain accurate inventory as assigned.
- Respond to guest requests, concerns and problems to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Log items into the Lost and Found and respond to inquires regarding lost items.
- On time and at work when scheduled and in proper uniform.
- Attend department meetings as scheduled.
- Consistent professional and positive attitude and actions when communicating with guests and associates.
- Report any incidents of guest dissatisfaction or matters of significance to manager / supervisor so that corrective measures may be taken.
- Comply with policies and procedures. Practice safe work habits and comply with sanitary, safety, security and emergency procedures. Write shift reports including reports on any incidents of theft, accidents or injuries when assigned. Check with manager/supervisor before leaving work area for any reason.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as requested.
- Any other duties / tasks as requested by management.
The Company may consider equivalent combination of acceptable education and experience providing the knowledge, skills and abilities cited below.
Education and Experience:
- High school education plus schooling in hospitality management, business or related experience. .
- Two or more years of related experience.
- Familiarity with hospitality industry practices preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to effectively and efficiently supervise staff, daily operations and resolve operational problems in compliance with policies and procedures.
- Ability to appropriately interview, hire, schedule, motivate, train, monitor and address staff performance.
- Knowledge of housekeeping principles and practices along with proper use of cleaning equipment and supplies.
- Ability to timely compile facts/figures, identify, investigate and resolve matters.
- Ability to follow an appropriate course of action based on policies and procedures.
- Ability to operate a computer, phone and other office equipment.
- Attention to details with good organizational and efficient time management skills.
- Display consistent professional leadership with effective listening and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while simultaneously handling competing and changing priorities.
- Ability to satisfy the legal requirements for employment within the jurisdiction.