Housekeeping - Room Attendant / On-Call
Responsible for the overall cleanliness of assigned rooms/suites. Reports maintenance deficiencies in order to maintain rooms/suites in compliance with standards.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
- Check housekeeping cart for supplies, stock as needed.
- Greet guests immediately with friendly/sincere acknowledgement.
- Strip dirty linens / towels and remove used amenities from room/suite.
- Clean rooms/ suites, as assigned, which includes: making beds, cleaning bathrooms, dusting, vacuuming, and washing windows / tracks. Reports rooms as clean and available.
- Reports maintenance deficiencies in order to maintain room in compliance with hotel standards.
- Replenish linen and guest amenities.
- Vacuum corridors and hallways.
- Respond to special requests by guests (such as providing extra amenities or service time requests).
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
- Provide customer service to guests, including information about hotel services, activities and local attractions.
- Assist co-workers, as requested.
- Assimilate into Fillmore Hospitality culture through understanding, supporting and participating. Demonstrate working knowledge of the service standards.
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Fillmore Hospitality from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, Associates may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to arrive to work on time and when scheduled.
- Physically able to move large objects such as: carts, large bags of linen, ironing board.
- Physically able to operate cleaning equipment such as: vacuum cleaners, brooms, spray bottles.
- Ability to read and recognize room/suite numbers.
- Ability to communicate effectively with guests and Associates verbally or in written form.
- Ability to learn, follow and enforce standards for cleanliness as they apply to all aspects of suite.
- Ability to follow all safety procedures/standards and able to recognize and act in emergency situations.
High School graduate or equivalent preferred but not necessary.
6 months to 1 year cleaning experience in housekeeping or janitorial services preferred.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
All Associates must maintain a neat, clean, professional and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
OSHA laws require the use of the following Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when performing work duties that have the potential of risk to your health or safety:
- Latex and / or rubber gloves
- Safety glasses
- Closed toe and heel shoes with rubber soles
Associates will be trained in the proper use and care of assigned PPE. The hotel provides the required PPE. It is your responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE, or equipment that does not fit properly, to your Manager.
Exposures: In this job you will be exposed to cleaning chemicals, vibrations, humidity, cold, heat, dust, and noise.
Frequency Key: Never - 0 hours; Rare - up to 1 hour; Occasional - 1-3 hours; Frequent - 3-6 Hours; Constant - 6-8 hours
Physical Activity Frequency
Walking / Standing Constant
Climbing stairs Occasional
Pushing/Pulling Constant up to 50 lbs.