The Housekeeping Houseperson is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of guest corridors, elevators and all assigned areas. He/she is also responsible for delivering items to guest rooms (luggage, irons, coffee, etc.).
· Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow employees.
· Walked assigned floors at beginning and end of shift; remove newspapers, trays, empty ash urns, remove trash and/or linens and note any areas that need immediate cleaning.
· Use proper two-way radio etiquette at all times when communicating with other employees.
· Use daily checklist to complete projects.
· Practice safe work habits to ensure safety to guests, fellow employees and self.
· Handle items for "Lost and Found" according to the hotel standards.
· At the end of the shift, turn in all keys and assignment sheets to the Housekeeping Office.
· Report maintenance issues to Housekeeping Supervisor/Manager.
· Be familiar with correct guestroom cleaning procedures to assist with cleaning if needed.
· Pick up any Room Attendant's dirty linen or trash as needed.
· Before leaving section, collect all trash from the service landings and take to/dispose in outside trash dumpsters, per hotel procedures.
· Vacuum guest corridors.
· Assist Housekeeping as needed (i.e. bedboards, roll-aways, flip beds, etc.)
· Deliver any clean linen to assigned sections, if applicable.
· Maintain cleanliness and organization of Housekeeping Office, linen rooms, storage closets and stairwells.
· Ensure overall guest satisfaction.