The Mark Restaurant
Location: US - NY - New York City
Statement of Purpose:
The Hostess is a key position in the front door staff and imperative to driving business into The Mark by Jean-Georges. The Host/Hostess is responsible for coordinating and managing all reservations, dining room and banquet seating, guest assistance, guest needs and the flow of guests in and out of the restaurant. Hospitality and communication skills are necessary and required. This position also includes Open Table administration, light administrative duties and use of reservation systems. The Host/Hostess is ultimately responsible for managing all aspects of the front door, guest arrival, seating and departure, in accordance with The Mark by Jean-Georges' Standards.
- Organize greeting, seating and exiting of all guests using a professional demeanor.
- Organize all reservations, banquets and guests using the most effective guest and restaurant conscious procedures.
- Professionally and effectively communicate with guests to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Organizes special requests birthdays, specialty cakes, large parties, third party pay form, repeat guests, celebrity guests and banquets.
- Maintain guest relationships to promote repeat business.
- Implement quick and efficient decisions based on guest and/or restaurant needs.
- Uses business savvy skills to maximize seating space and increase revenue based on seating all guests, walk ins and large parties.
- Communication with bar, service, kitchen and management staff.
- Provide the highest quality service to guests at all times.
- Motivating and encouraging communication with staff.
- Awareness of all guests needs, reservation needs and restaurant needs at all times.
- Understand all of the restaurant's main dining room and banquet seating configurations.
- Create and maintain a database with local concierges.
- Utilizing Open Table to the best of its capacities.
- Maintain integrity of service.
- Speak with guests to encourage feedback.
- Treat every guest, employee and vendor with respect and dignity.
- Report to work on time and in proper uniform, always punching in and out as required of all salaried employees.
- Effectively communicates with the team before, during and after shift.
- Understand existing Culinary Concepts by Jean-Georges' steps of service.
- Knowledge of all food and beverage menus.
- Attend and participate in weekly restaurant manager meeting.
- Uphold the Restaurant Values and Mission Statement while performing positional responsibilities and adhering to Restaurant company policies and procedures, as stated in The Mark by Jean Georges Handbook.
Displays a pleasant and cheerful disposition. Able to communicate professionally and effectively with both guests and staff. Must maintain a high level of integrity. Is able to adapt in difficult situations solve problems and make decisions when necessary. Shows an eagerness and capacity to learn. Can be relied upon to complete tasks. Must possess the ability to communicate via written and oral communication with the culinary team and guests alike.
Education and Experience:
Must have basic math skills and be capable of operating department specific software and applications.
Available to work late nights, holidays and long days as necessary. Must be able to stand and or walk for long periods of time without sitting.