Are you ready to launch your career within the Hospitality industry? Join our summer internship team and create sweet memories for our guests! Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is seeking interns to participate in our 2017 Summer Hospitality Internship Program (HIP). The HIP program is geared towards college students pursuing a degree from an accredited institution that will support a career in the Hospitality & Tourism Management, Food & Beverage, Entertainment and Recreation Industries.
Within the Guest Services and Housekeeping concentrations, you will utilize your customer communication skills to increase productivity while learning the core values that support our mission. Working closely with your hiring managers, you will gain invaluable exposure and experience within the hospitality industry.
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are May 2017 through September 2017.
Housing: This internship is located in Hershey, PA. Student housing is available.
Interview Process: Upon completion of the application, your resume will be reviewed and qualified candidates will be contacted for next steps. Final candidates will be pre-selected to attend an on-site interview session in January-February 2017.
Guest Services Locations:
A student will be selected to work in one (1) of the following areas within Guest Services/Housekeeping concentration:
Hotel Front Office, Hotel Guest Relations, Hotel Housekeeping, Lodge Front Desk, Lodge Guest Services, Lodge VIP, Lodge Housekeeping, Laundry Plant, or Giant Center Box Office
Front Office Intern (The Hotel Hershey & Hershey Lodge):
- Assist in the organized, efficient operation of the Front of House in a supervisory capacity
- Orchestrating and expediting the registration and checkout process in all areas of the Front of House
- Overseeing the daily operation of the Front of House including all tasks on the daily checklists
- Coordinating and delegating assignments to the Front of House team members.
- Ensuring excellent guest service, complaints and problems are promptly resolved, and requests for special services are carried out to the Hotel 5 Diamond standards (The Hotel Hershey)
- Must be proficient in all areas of the Front of House
- Answer the PBX Main phone lines (Hershey Lodge)
Guest Relations Intern (The Hotel Hershey):
- Reviewing profiles for all arriving Platinum, Premium/VIP, Virtuoso, and extended stay guests
- Providing outreach calls for all Platinum, Virtuoso and Premium guests
- Arranging amenities for Platinum, Virtuoso, and extended stay guests
- Welcome Platinum guests and check on them throughout their stay
- Adhere and enliven AAA 4-Diamond and Forbes 4-Star service standards
- Frequent shadowing with the Manager On Duty, assisting with guest opportunities
Guest Services Intern (Hershey Lodge):
- Training with and then leading the Concierge, Bell, Greeter, Drivers, and Front Desk teams
- Training as a coordinator/manager and providing resolutions to our guests
- Helping check Platinum Guest rooms, and ensuring VIP room deliveries
- Assisting the Managers with Concert Series Shuttle service over at Hersheypark
- Assisting our greeters maintain a safe, friendly, and efficient environment at Hersheypark on busy nights
- Completing one mostly self-led summer long project. (The specific project goals will be worked out in a way to both provide learning opportunities, and help our Guest Services Team excel)
- Updating and maintaining our Guest Services manuals
VIP Intern (Hershey Lodge):
- Reviewing VIP profile, reservations special request and room type
- Making Outreach call prior to Guest arrival
- Confirm amenity for the guest
- Inspect VIP room/ rooms prior to guest arrival
- Greet and Welcome the VIP Guest at arrival when checking in at the concierge.
- Follow up with guest prior to departure to see how their experience and stay was at the lodge and thank them for staying with us
Housekeeping Intern (The Hotel Hershey and Hershey Lodge):
- Inspecting guest rooms for cleanliness, engineering challenges & ensuring all standards have been met (The Hotel Hershey & Hershey Lodge)
- Assisting the housekeepers in turning rooms by stripping dirty linen, trash and making beds
- Overseeing 20 to 30 staff members on a daily basis by enforcing department, company and union rules
- Answering and following up on phone calls from both guests & employees (For example: lost & found calls, guest requests, employee needs)
- Using the property management system and other departmental software to update room status, check rooms, print reports, enter work orders, answering & responding to emails
- Handling guest opportunities in a professional and appropriate manner
Laundry Operations Intern (Hershey Laundry):
- Assist Management with daily operations of the production facility (both retail & commercial) to include: staff equipment assignments, monitoring productivity #'s, communicating property linen orders, answering phones/ emails
- Learn and complete weekly employee schedule in a union environment, monitor employee hours in time management system and track OT, monitor labor budgets.
- Evaluate current incentive and motivational programs within the Laundry Division- redevelop program and make presentation to GM
- Revise current training procedures at the Retail Stores for new hire employees- redevelop program
- Participate in property wide linen inventories
- Learn how make purchases through company-wide purchasing system and understand supply budget
- Opportunity to cross train for 1-2 weeks at other HE&R properties/departments of choice
Hershey Entertainment Complex Intern (Giant Center Box Office):
- Assist Management with daily operations of the ticketing & guest services function of the Giant Center including: ticketing systems, ticket sales, returns/exchanges, event/show settlement & complimentary tickets.
- Training with and then leading key roles and functions of the seasonal guest services staff including ushers, box office & ticketing
- Assist in the tracking and fulfillment of guest correspondences which includes: responding to guests questions, concerns, and complaints while providing resolutions based on our Standard Operating Procedures
- Assist with various responsibilities of the Premium Seating Team which includes: fulfilling ticket and parking request for Club & Suite Holders, create & distribute event day information for Suite owners & planning/execution of Premium seating Client Events.
- Assist in supervisory responsibilities of part-time and seasonal staff including: employee relations, interviewing and hiring, development and execution of new and established employee recognition programs
- Assist in the coordination of trainings, special events, and unique opportunities based on event needs
- Participate in the development and execution of department trainings
- Assist in the development and roll out of seasonal/event based special projects
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be entering your Junior or Senior year Fall 2016 and Majoring/Minoring in the Hospitality & Tourism, Food and Beverage, Travel & Tourism or related field
- Seniors planning to graduate in May of 2017 will be considered
- Must be able to attend one of two Company Site Visits that will be held in January-February 2017
- Strong customer service skills
- Proven leadership skills with an understanding of conflict resolution and problem solving.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively
- Abide by appearance standards and be able to maintain hospitality standards for the assigned property
- Ability to maintain composure in a fast paced environment
- Keyboarding skills and computer literacy
- Some positions may require a valid Driver’s License
- Transportation is not provided for this program, all selected students must have reliable transportation to and from work assignments
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule based on operational needs, including weekends and holidays
- Physical requirements are based on position to include but are not limited to: standing, sitting, hearing, speaking, reaching lifting/pushing/carrying (up to 50lbs), bending & walking
- Flexible work environment requires adaptability to demanding/fast pace, noise and heat
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer