Nestled on the northern tip of Isle of Palms, a lush barrier island off the coast of South Carolina, Wild Dunes Resort is located less than 30 minutes from the charm and grace of historic Charleston. The Resort occupies 1,600 acres of oceanfront paradise with a variety of accommodations ranging from the AAA Four-Diamond Rated Boardwalk Inn and The Village at Wild Dunes to private condos and luxury home vacation rentals. Offering a year-round menu of championship golf, nationally-ranked tennis, award-winning recreation, spa services and restaurant options, Wild Dunes Resort has been distinguished by many publications and associations as a top destination for families, golfers, tennis lovers, and meeting and event planners.
As a team member at Wild Dunes, we offer exciting staff discounts and benefits: reduced golf fees, complimentary Tennis Court and Recreation pool usages, retail outlet and national hotel discounts. We are a united and coordinated collection of talented and diverse individuals who are here for a single purpose - to serve our guests. Together, we provide service for our guests that will surprise and delight.
Job OverviewYou will warmly and enthusiastically greet all incoming calls and assists callers with answers to their questions and ensures theirs calls are forwarded to their desired location. You are also an integral member of the team that handles emergency situations by acting as the communication center and dispatcher for the emergency response team.Essential Functions
- Enthusiastically greet all incoming calls, knowledgeably answer questions, anticipate the callers needs, and respond promptly with your personal spirit, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Create memorable experiences with a fantastic, welcoming personality that can relate to guests & team members.
- Utilize the freedom to go beyond to take initiative to resolve guest complaints and create loyalty.
- Share your personal passions and knowledge of the services and amenities available to guests to help them feel at home
- Collaborate with team members to communicate what you see and hear to staff and management to ensure the guests’ needs are being met
- Enjoy multi-tasking at a fast pace while having an impeccable eye for detai l to ensure accuracy and efficiency
- Calmly and confidently communicate with and dispatch appropriate emergency personnel
The Guest Services Coordinator shall strive to provide exceptional service to both internal and external guests at all times. S/he will be responsible for exemplifying the Wild Dunes Resort Culture as well as promoting Wild Dunes Resort as both the Destination and Employer of Choice!
Essential job FUNCTIONS:
- Interacts with guests, colleagues, and Resort staff in a professional, alert & courteous manner, assisting other departments any necessary information when called upon.
- Acts with responsibility towards all company property, supplies and equipment.
- Maintains a professional appearance and follows all Wild Dunes Resort dress code standards.
- Answers all inbound Resort phone calls, both internal and external, in a friendly, upbeat tone.
- When required, transfers incoming calls promptly, accurately and appropriately.
- Relays detailed messages to appropriate parties quickly and efficiently.
- Provides general resort information to guests
- Responsible for receiving and sending guests faxes and forwarding an incoming Resort faxes to the designated department or Team Member.
- Main contacts for the Resort’s mail department and responsible for distributing all internal mail and packages to designated guests and Team Members in a timely and accurate manner. Also, assists guests and Team Members with outgoing letters and packages.
- Performs all concierge functions when called upon, including but not limited to: assisting with dining and recreation reservations, upselling resort services and amenities to guests, answering common Resort questions, and recommending activities in the local Charleston area.
- Maintains a strong familiarity of Wild Dunes Resort and the Charleston area.
- Greets and welcomes guests thru both phone and face-to-face interactions and provides courteous assistance to those who ask for guidance.
- Must be able to effectively, patiently, and professionally handle all internal and external guest situations and resolve guest challenges to guest’s satisfaction and feel empowered to act in absence of manager
- Generate, review and share required daily emails and reports, such as Better Place email, VIP arrivals or late check-out report, to ensure vital information is communicated and accurate.
- Remain up-to-date on all Resort happenings, seasonal offerings and any changes in policies and procedures.
- Responsible for completing assigned call tracking and daily follow-up sheets.
- Performs assigned duties on the daily Guest Services Coordinator task list.
- Responsible for ensuring that Resort master keys are kept in a safe and locked place.
- Requires a clear understanding of arrival and departure day procedures by department.
- Must be able to quickly and efficiently utilize Resort resources to respond to any requests within a designated time limit.
- Arrange for Resort services such as bellman, valet, transportation, and housekeeping & engineering for guests
- Team Member is held accountable for all duties of this job and other duties as assigned.
eXPERIENCE & eDUCATION:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Prior hospitality experience preferred
- At least one year customer service experience preferred
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Must have excellent phone etiquette
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Must be able to work well under pressure
- Must be able to accurately follow instructions, both verbally and written