Group Sales Manager - Sheraton Framingham Hotel & Conference Center
Sheraton Framingham Hotel & Conference Center
Location: US - MA - Framingham
Sales Manager (Group)
The Group Sales Manager is responsible for effectively soliciting and becoming familiar with all accounts in their assigned market segment. Accountable for prospecting goals and closing on assigned accounts/territory to positively impact hotel revenues.
Responsible for the direct booking of group rooms for various business clients. Maximize profitability and revenue of the hotel by upselling in order to achieve sales goals:
- Cultivate client partnerships and ensure that all details are communicated and executed for a successful and enjoyable experience for all involved.
- Review sales contracts as well as other key details such as room blocks, cut-off date, special concessions and attrition clauses and validate with clients.
- Monitor and enforce specific deadline dates related to group rooms cut –off, BEO requirements and function guarantees.
- Create and distribute group resumes, communicate any changes to appropriate departments and people in a timely manner.
- Recommend enhancements and or upgrades to maximize revenue.
- Engage in site visits and/or other client meetings.
- Confirm payment information.
- Work with the Accounting team to complete the final bill review with client.
- Participate in weekly Sales Meeting, Operations Meeting, BEO Meeting and any other required meetings relevant to role.
- Prepare proposals and/or contracts to advise prospective guests primarily of the hotel meeting space and rate availability. Calculate and quote prices within guidelines for the same.
- Professionally represent the hotel by participating in client and industry functions.
- Continually monitor actions of competitive hotels (product quality improvements, supply changes, pricing strategies, service offerings, etc.).
- Develop and maintain rapport with hotel community and key community contacts to ensure a visible presence in the industry.
Other responsibilities in this role include, but are not limited to:
- Solicit business through cold calls, internet leads, brand leads, trade shows and community involvement.
- Uncover new potential local business and penetrate existing local accounts.
- Organize/execute local sales blitzes.
- Present to key accounts in the market.
- Partner with national sales to maximize global account revenue.
- Attend property receptions as needed.
- Partner marketing opportunities with sales opportunities when possible.
- Review daily arrivals to isolate potential new clients.
- Actively set seasonal promotions for targeted accounts.
Candidates most successful in this role will display the following characteristics:
- Analytical Skills – Ability to conduct proper research on group rates, food and beverage minimums as well as room rental.
- Sales Skills – Possess strong ability to influence and/or persuade buying decisions and to close sales or gain commitment from others; create good rapport and exhibit the ability to grow and maintain key partnerships.
- Communication – Have both verbal and written skills, in order to effectively execute meetings and events. This includes keeping the appropriate departments informed with BEO’s and other necessary information; Actively listens to extract essential information in order to maximize revenue and execute successful meetings and events.
- Advanced Organizational Skills - Ability to determine priority tasks and maintain strong attention to detail.
- Desire to participate as part of a team. Action oriented collaboration required.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written. Lively and incisive communication persuasive in style.
- Computer Skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
- Complete knowledge of hotel rooms and meeting related services available to guests.
- Ability to use/manipulate the Yield Management and Property Management Systems for tracking, forecasting and executing optimal selling strategies.
- Working knowledge of Hotelligence tools
- Sales Software Knowledge Helpful (i.e. Delphi)
- Comprehension of the reservation sales process. Understanding of the group sales process.
- Ability to deliver effective presentations. Present ideas, expectations and information in a concise, well-organized way.
- Manage time well, correctly prioritizing tasks.
- Ensure that guest satisfaction is consistently obtained and maintained.
- Professional, Warm Demeanor.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, manage time and work well under pressure.
- High school or equivalent education required. Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Two + years of experience in a sales role, preferably with knowledge and experience in Business Transient market segment.
- Superior Negotiation Skills - Proven ability to close deals.
- Must hold a valid drivers license and have the ability to call on potential and current clients
- Limited overnight travel may be required
Hospitality is a 24/7 industry therefore, candidates should anticipate working weekends and holidays as needed.
EOE - M/F/D/V/SO