The Hotel GroupFounded in Edmonds, Washington in 1984 as a spirited venture in the hospitality industry, THG™ has grown into a leader in hotel ownership and management, operating more than 25 properties in 10 states. Our guiding principle of integrity leads us to respect client partners and encourage associates' growth. THG™ keeps potential in mind, judging prospective properties by what they can be, not what they are. Because of this drive, we have consistently made poorly performing hotels into market leaders and attracted the industry's finest people to our ranks along the way. As our legacy and success continue to grow we will maintain the core values of integrity, initiative, innovation, and inspiration that have brought THG™ thus far.
OPENING in early 2017 - NEW HILTON GARDEN INN BELLEVUE
Hilton Garden Inn-Bellevue WA
The new Hilton Garden Inn Bellevue is seeking a Group Sales Manager. The Hilton Garden Inn is opening in 2017 and will have 254 guest rooms and over 2700 square feet of meeting space. The Group Sales Manager will be responsible for generating group business and maximizing revenue with proactive sales activities. The ideal candidate would have a minimum of two years hotel sales experience and is highly motivated, focused and possess strong communication skills.
The Hilton Garden Inn Bellevue is a member of Edmonds based The Hotel Group. This property will become the seventh hotel in the Seattle market that The Hotel Group manages. THG owns and manages over 30 hotels in 10 states; representing Hilton, Marriott and IHG hotels.
Group Sales Manager
The development and solicitation of business from all markets to ensure the necessary advance bookings needed for a successful and profitable operation for the hotel.
- Direct solicitation efforts for group negotiated business.
- Coordinate ongoing research of the travel industry to detect market trends and related information for development of new marketing strategies.
- Make reasonable recommendations to improve potential from various markets.
- Develop and conduct persuasive verbal sale presentations to prospective clients.
- Internally promote the hotel’s programs. Meet with and entertain clients some of which will require travel.
- attend scheduled Sales Department and related meetings.
- Travel to industry‐related tradeshows in various destinations around the world.
- Specific Position Requirements
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Knowledge of travel industry, current market trends and economic factors.
- Extensive skill in development and delivery of sales presentation.
- Ability to access, understand and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers and staff, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to diffuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Ability to read, listen and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Any combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- High school diploma required. College education preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years sales experience preferred. Prior hotel or extended stay experience required.