Stanford's Corporate Culture
Stanford Hotels Corporation is a mid-size, owner-operated company that specializes in the development and management of high quality, full service hotels using a variety of franchise brands. The corporate office is located in San Francisco; however, Stanford Hotels has 13 properties throughout the U.S. comprising three top global brands including Marriott, Starwood and Hilton.
Our goal is to be the "Best of the Brand." Since 1985, Stanford Hotels Corporation believes that high-quality properties, exceptional customer satisfaction, and engaged employees set Stanford Hotels apart from the rest.
Responsible for the room management of sales and catering groups.
Director of Sales
Associate will be required to work day/and or evening shifts, both weekdays and weekends. Some overtime may be required.
- High school graduate. Some college preferred.
- Must have 1-2 years Front Office experience.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, comprehend and write instructions, correspondence and memos.
- Ability to communicate verbally (including telephone contact) with Guests, management and co-workers.
- Previous computer experience required; data processing experience preferred.
- Must have previous experience with Starwood/Marriott PMS System.
- ISAC, Galaxy, and Light Speed experience preferred.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret basic technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to follow all appropriate policies and procedures while constantly striving to improve all standards of operation.
- Ability to follow safety and security procedures and will not pose a direct threat to the health/safety of self or others.
- Ability to plan, prioritize, organize, maintain concentration, and complete all work assigned.
- Ability to focus attention to performance of tasks despite frequent, stressful or unusual interruptions.
- Ability to communicate calmly with irate Guests, co-workers or supervisors in sometimes tense situations.
- Ability to perform job functions with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
- Treat co-workers and guests with courtesy, friendliness and respect and provide responsive service.
- Ability to meet or exceed productivity and performance standards and complete tasks as assigned by supervisor or manager.
- Ability to understand and carry out instructions in verbal, written or diagram form.
- Ability to understand Guests’ service needs.
- Ability to adhere to work schedule and arrive on time in a neat and alert condition and adhere to company dress standards.
- Ability to follow all appropriate policies and procedures while striving to improve all standards of operation.
- Ability to interact with people, particularly in resolving complaints and problems.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for entering Sales contracts & create group blocks in ISAC, Galaxy, and Light Speed.
- Make reservations for group blocks, some individual reservations for long-term and repeat guests, and also for guests who have negotiated corporate rates.
- Make reservations for Stanford Hotels associates, VIP reservations.
- Make room package reservations to include room and food and beverage reservations.
- Clearly communicate group information from Sales to Front office associates and ensure everything flows smoothly from the time of booking through check out.
- Pre-block team, group and VIP rooms.
- Assist Engineering with assigning and logging Perfect Room Team rooms & Ecolab (pest control) rooms.
- Update Valhalla.
- Attend to and respond to guest complaints/comments (In-House, GSS guests, etc.).
- Assist Director of Rooms and General Manager with miscellaneous tasks.
- Update Front Office Board with weekly forecast and in-house groups.
- Ensure all equipment is in operation order and all supplies are up to par. Report equipment that needs repair or supplies that need to be ordered.
- Be familiar with the operating procedures of all other areas of the hotel, cooperating fully and in a friendly manner with those areas to assure customer satisfaction.
- Be a Team Player and encourage the teamwork attitude among staff.
- Attends department and inter-departmental meetings.
- Notify management of any pertinent information related to shift activities.
- Be knowledgeable in all hotel emergency procedures.
- Ensure areas are free of safety hazards and performs all duties in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ensures total guest satisfaction.
- Follow supervisor’s instructions and performs other duties as directed or assigned.
SECONDARY JOB DUTIES
- Assist the front desk as needed.
- Assist the PBX department as needed.
- Work closely with the revenue manager to maximize room revenue.
The frequency codes assigned in these job descriptions are:
Rarely less than 1%
STANDING/WALKING: Frequently on a variety of surfaces (carpet, tile, granite, etc.)
CROUCHING (BENDING AT KNEES): Occasionally. Lifting and completing tasks performed at low levels.
KNEELING/CRAWLING: Occasionally. Lifting and completing tasks performed at low levels.
STOOPING (BENDING AT WAIST): Frequently. Lifting and completing tasks at different levels.
TWISTING/TURNING AT KNEES, WAIST & NECK: Frequently.
LEG/FOOT USE: Occasionally.
REACHING (OVERHEAD/EXTENSION): Occasionally. Lifting and completing tasks at different levels.
LIFTING/CARRYING: Frequently lifting/moving up to 10 pounds. Occasionally lifting/moving up to 25 pounds.
SPEECH REQUIREMENTS: Constantly required to speak to others in person and on the telephone.
HEARING REQUIREMENTS: Constantly required to hear to others in person and on the telephone.
VISION: Constantly. Close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus required. Occasionally required to see distances.
DRIVING: N/A for this position.
Exposure to chemicals, noise, vibrations: Exposure to chemicals; moderate to moderately high noise conditions of a busy lobby.
Operation of equipment/tools/vehicles: Equipment to include computers and printers, 10 key calculator, telephone, fax, copier, etc.
Work is mostly indoors, protected from weather, but not necessarily inside temperature changes.
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Loyal: Shows firm and constant support to a cause
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
High School or better.
1 year: Hotel Front Office
1 year: Sales & Catering Administration
1 year: Data processing
Licenses & Certifications