Loews Hotels and Co is a leading luxury hotel owner and operator with a portfolio of 26 properties in the United States and Canada, as well as two new-build properties in development. The Loews portfolio features one-of-a-kind properties that go beyond Four Diamond standards and embrace their “uniquely local” community in order to curate exciting, approachable and local travel experiences for guests.
We are currently seeking a General Manager to join and lead the team of the Loews Vanderbilt Hotel. The recently renovated Loews Vanderbilt Hotel consist of 348 guest rooms, 24,000 square feet of meeting space, and Mason's Restaurant and Bar. The hotel is situated across from Vanderbilt University in the West End, minutes from the city’s most renowned attractions.
The General Manager will be responsible for the overall operating performance, guest satisfaction, and financial results for the property. This includes planning, organizing, directing and coordinating the operations of all Rooms Division, Star Service, Catering and Conference Management, and Food and Beverage departments in accordance with Loews Hotels Star Service Standards and corporate budgetary and profit guidelines.
More specifically, responsibilities include:
- Work with the Executive Committee leadership to develop annual goals and operational objectives
- Coordinate the operations and activities of the above departments to ensure synergy within the hotel to reach financial performance and guest satisfaction objectives
- Evaluate changes in guest needs, the hotel’s guest mix, and industry and competitive trends to recommend appropriate product/service and operational changes to be made to ensure guest and employee satisfaction, and to maintain market dominance and exceptional financial returns
- Develop annual hotel operating budget with the involvement of Director of Finance, and other key members of the Executive Committee.
- Monitor and maintain hotel financial performance within approved budgetary guidelines
- Responsible for the profit performance of stated hotel departments
- Responsible for overall hotel guest satisfaction, setting goals to achieve specific objectives
- Responsible for overall resolution of guest problems or complaints
- Develop annual capital expenditure plans
- Work closely with the Rooms, Food and Beverage, and Finance leadership to achieve all support services and related goals
- Actively participate and promote staff involvement in community and service projects through Loews Good Neighbor program
- Demonstrate and promote teamwork among all management and staff
- Promote and ensure a clean and safe work environment
- Coordinate all hotel security efforts with the Security team to ensure the safety of all hotel guests and employees
- Coordinate all hotel emergency evacuation activities, directing the activities of the hotel Emergency Response Team
- Ensure adherence to New Hire Training Program and ongoing Star Service Training in accordance with hotel standards
- Interview, train, praise, coach, counsel, and discipline according to Loews Hotels standards
- Notify Regional Vice President of Operations to promptly and fully vet and solve all appropriate problems or unusual matters of significance
- Promotes and applies teamwork skills at all times
- Attend all appropriate hotel meetings and training sessions
- Execute emergency procedures in accordance with hotel standards
- Comply with all safety regulations and procedures
- Comply with all hotel policies, standards, and rules
- Remain current on all hotel information and changes
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum five years experience as General Manager of a four-star/four-diamond city-center property
- Bachelor degree in Hospitality Management or related field
- Excellent planning, organization, and guest services skills
- Outstanding leadership and communication abilities
- Proven track record in the hotel industry demonstrating achievement of outstanding profit and guest service related goals
- Able to push, stand, stoop, bend, and lift items weighing up to 25 pounds repetitively
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays
Loews Hotels is a vibrant collection of one-of-a-kind hotels with distinct personalities. Each hotel and resort offers high-quality accommodations, impressive surroundings, personalized service, and thoughtful amenities for a luxurious guest experience. As a company we care about our guests, our community and our team members.
Headquartered in New York City, Loews Hotels manages properties in most major markets in the U.S. and Canada. Each property goes beyond Four Diamond standards to provide guests with a supremely comfortable, uniquely local travel experience at a great value. Loews Hotels boast prime locations in the cities of New York, Washington DC, Denver, Los Angeles, Nashville, Philadelphia, Annapolis, Montreal, and Quebec City, as well as world-renowned vacation destinations such as Miami's South Beach, Universal Orlando, New Orleans, Tucson, and California's Coronado Island. Loews has established some of the industry's most innovative and successful travel programs, including Loews Loves Kids for families and Loews Loves Pets for discerning animals on the road.
At Loews Hotels, our team members' commitment to our guests and dedication to our communities is cherished. We seek genuine individuals who are able to engage and delight our guests by providing Four Diamond AND MORE service. We invest in training and development opportunities for all team members, so they may grow and develop as individuals. We embrace diversity at our core and offer the opportunity for all team members to reach their potential as professionals. At Loews Hotels, we seek to create a dynamic culture that makes work interesting, challenging, fulfilling and fun.
As part of our commitment to our team members, Loews Hotels is proud to offer competitive compensation and benefit plans tailored to each marketplace. These include:
- Pay that meets or exceeds area standards
- Retirement (401-K) and incentive plans
- Medical and dental coverage
- Short and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Team member assistance plans
- Career development programs
- Tuition reimbursement programs
Loews Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture, M/F/D/V