Stanford's Corporate Culture
Stanford Hotels Corporation is a mid-size, owner-operated company that specializes in the development and management of high quality, full service hotels using a variety of franchise brands. The corporate office is located in San Francisco; however, Stanford Hotels has 13 properties throughout the U.S. comprising three top global brands including Marriott, Starwood and Hilton.
Our goal is to be the "Best of the Brand." Since 1985, Stanford Hotels Corporation believes that high-quality properties, exceptional customer satisfaction, and engaged employees set Stanford Hotels apart from the rest.
- Ability to follow all appropriate policies and procedures while constantly striving to improve all standards of operation.
- Ability to follow safety and security procedures and will not pose a direct threat to the health/safety of self or others.
- Ability to manage time, be well organized, maintain concentration and think clearly.
- Ability to focus attention to performance of tasks despite frequent, stressful or unusual interruptions.
- Ability to communicate calmly with irate Guests’, co-workers or supervisors in sometimes tense situations.
- Ability to perform job functions with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team. Treat co-workers and guests with courtesy, friendliness and respect and provide responsive service.
- Ability to meet or exceed productivity and performance standards and complete tasks as assigned by supervisor or manager.
- AM Dish Steward: complete opening duties as assigned, including the following:
- Set up and organize dishwashing area.
- Clean any remaining dishes from the prior day’s business.
- PM Dish Steward: complete closing duties as assigned, including the following:
- Leave dishwashing area clean, dry and free from dirty dishes.
- Remove all trash bins from kitchen area and empty in outside dumpster.
- Nightly cleaning duties list (attached).
- Operate all equipment assigned to you safely and as designed.
- Sort and wash all soiled china, glass and flatware using proper cleaning procedures and equipment.
- Load and unload china, glass and flatware from dishwasher to their appropriate storage area.
- Maintain dish machine at all times. Ensure temperature on dishmachine is correct before using.
- Keep breakage to a minimum using proper storage and rackage.
- Under direction of Supervisor and time permitting, assist with:
- Stocking of incoming supplies and perishable items, using proper handling.
- Preparation of food items as needed.
- Additional cleaning of the entire back of the house.
- Keep all pots, pans and large cooking utensils clean by washing in large double sinks, utilizing proper cleaning procedures as set by Marriott standards.
- Transport wares from dishwashing area and kitchen.
- Maintain a clean, dry and safe dishwashing area and kitchen.
- Check and maintain par stock of all service station wares.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned station and service areas.
- Empty trash bins and scrub and disinfect trash bins as necessary.
- Clean areas noted on the cleaning list (attached).
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
*Denotes essential job duties.
The frequency codes assigned in these job descriptions are:
Rarely less than 1%
STANDING/WALKING: Constantly on a variety of surfaces (carpet, tile, granite, etc.)
CROUCHING (BENDING AT KNEES): Occasionally. Lifting and completing tasks performed at low levels.
KNEELING/CRAWLING: Occasionally. Lifting and completing tasks performed at low levels.
STOOPING (BENDING AT WAIST): Frequently. Lifting and completing tasks at different levels.
TWISTING/TURNING AT KNEES, WAIST & NECK: Occasionally.
LEG/FOOT USE: Occasionally.
REACHING (OVERHEAD/EXTENSION): Frequently. Lifting and completing tasks at different levels.
PUSHING/PULLING: Frequently. Pushing and pulling carts and racks.
LIFTING/CARRYING: Frequently lifting/moving up to 50 pounds. Occasionally lifting/moving up to 100 pounds.
SPEECH REQUIREMENTS: Occasionally.
HEARING REQUIREMENTS: Occasionally.
VISION: Constantly required to see up close and ability to adjust focus. Occasionally required to see distances.
Safety Requirements: personal protective equipment as needed for duty assigned.
Exposure to chemicals, noise, vibrations: Exposure to hazardous cleaning chemicals; moderate to loud noise conditions of a busy kitchen.
Operation of equipment/tools/vehicles: Equipment to include dishmachine, food warmer, refrigerators, carts, racks, dolly, and step stools/ladders.
Work is indoors and outdoors, subjected to inside and outside conditions and changes. Subjected to warm kitchen conditions during summer months.