Front Office Manager
Macon Marriott City Center
Location: US - GA - Macon
Atlanta, GA, US 30328
You're the business manager for the Front Office. You ensure that well-trained, highly motivated staff handle guests with the utmost care. Sound experience tells when to let the team fly and when to surface and guide. Under your careful watch, operations run smooth and well within budget. You have what it takes? Then Interstate may have just the opportunity you need, as Front Office Manager.
As Front Office Manager, you will
- Oversee and manage the Front Office to ensure efficient operations and impeccable guest care, helping to achieve profit goals. Attend to guest and group special needs and solve tricky problems with confident graciousness.
- Keep a pulse on daily revenue and expenses to minimize loss, manage expense and maximize profit.
- Skillfully manage the Front Office staff by creating an environment where motivated people want to join, learn, do their best, and advance. Lead a diverse team by modeling the way, by empowering, and coaching throughout the employment lifecycle.
Implement company programs (IHR/Franchiser) and manage the operations of the Front Office (Front Desk, PBX, Bell Stand, Concierge, Transportation, Valet) to ensure compliance with LSOPs and SOPs and to ensure an optimal level of quality service and hospitality are provided to the hotel customers. (35%)
2. Prepare forecasts and reports and assist in the development, implement and monitor the budget to maximize revenue and minimize expenses while ensuring adequate supplies and staff are on hand to provide top quality customer service. (20%)
3. Resolve customer complaints, anticipate potential problems by reviewing and monitoring complaints, operational issues, business flow and associate performance to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction and quality. (15%)
4. Manage the Human Resources in the department in order to attract, retain and motivate the employees; hire, train, develop, empower, coach and counsel, conduct performance and salary reviews, resolve problems, provide open communication vehicles, discipline and terminate, as appropriate. (10%)
5. Liaise with the sales staff to discuss and implement sales strategies to continually improve occupancy levels and revenues. (10%)
6. Monitor and maintain the Front Office systems and equipment to ensure their optimum performance. (5%)
7. Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as requested.
8. Maintain good working relationships and open lines of communication with all other departments.
9. Perform the Manager on Duty functions as assigned.
A four-year college degree or equivalent education or experience is required, with two to three years' in a related hotel company position. Discipline-specific hospitality industry and general hotel department knowledge and supervisory experience is expected. Excellent verbal and written English communication skills are required, with a second language helpful. You must be able to handle cash or credit transactions and have Microsoft Office and Excel proficiency. General office equipment and cash register operation knowledge is expected.