Front Office Manager
Ocean Properties Hotels, Resorts and Affiliates
Location: US - NY - Bolton Landing
- Assigns duties and shifts to workers and observes performances to ensure adherence to hotel policies and established operating procedures.
- Confers and cooperates with other department heads to ensure coordination of activities.
- Answers inquiries pertaining to hotel policies and services.
- Advises guests of available activities such as swimming, skating, boating, golf and other sports.
- Greets important guests.
- To oversee all areas of operation relating to the guest experience for Front Desk, Concierge, Guest Services, Bell Stand, Reservations, Transportation, and PBX. Manages Front Desk and PBX directly.
- To coordinate and assist the Guest Service Manager with all front lobby service areas including: Bell Staff, Valet Parking and Door Staff, Concierge.
- To oversee all systems and controls aspects of the Front Office.
- To oversee the development of all Front Office associates.
- Maintain inventory of guest rooms at the resort.
- Maintain standards of guest services and a consistent guest experience as documented by AAA ratings, Preferred, American Express.
- To ensure that the Front Desk and Reservations, Guest Services, Bell Staff and PBX departments operate at peak efficiency to give a maximum utilization of guestroom availability in attaining high occupancies and with minimum overbooking.
- To ensure the accuracy of the Front Desk, Reservations, PBX, Guest Services and Bell Staff records with direct and open lines of communications to other departments within the hotel.
- Through proper Front Office rooms merchandising procedures, to ensure management of the rate structure, via Reservations and Front Office salesmanship, and meet or exceed average rate goals of the hotel as well as total rooms revenue.
To ensure all Front Office systems and controls procedures comply with corporate policy and procedures, as evidenced by "Goal" Audits, and minimum levels of bad checks and bad debts.
- To ensure all Front Office payrolls costs and other expenses are properly monitored and controlled in accordance with hotel budgets and monthly updates.
- To maintain open and clear communication with all internal departments.
- Takes a lead role in marketing efforts to include Packages.
- To ensure accurate occupancy forecasting.
- In conjunction with night audit staff, ensure timely and accurate reporting of daily operating results and statistical information as related to revenue and expenses.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or two years or more related resort experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.