Thank you for your interest in New Castle Hotels & Resorts.
Looking for the right next step in your career? Stop searching! New Castle Hotels and Resorts is now seeking a dynamic, hands-on hospitality professional - one who is focused on delivering outstanding customer service - to join our team.
owns and operates Marriott, Starwood & Hilton hotels as well as upscale independent hotels and resorts throughout the United States and Canada. A top 100 Management Company, we offer a variety of fulfilling career opportunities for ambitious, growth-oriented individuals.
New Castle is committed to open communication and teamwork. Our culture allows employees at every level to contribute and grow with us.
Compensation and benefits...
We offer our team members competitive pay and comprehensive benefits including:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life and AD & D Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401k or Group RRSP with Employer Match
- Room Rate Discounts at NCHR Properties
- Paid Vacation/Holiday/Sick Time
Note: Benefits may vary by hotel and position
Review the job description and requirements below to see if
New Castle is the place for you.
The Westin Jekyll Island, a New Castle Hotels & Resorts' managed property, is currently seeking a Front Office Manager to join our team. The new Westin Jekyll Island, which opened in April of 2015, sits on a pristine 8 mile stretch of beach and offers 187 guest rooms and 13 suites, each featuring all of the Westin signature amenities and services designed to help you leave feeling better than when you arrived. Play Well at our resort-style outdoor pool, Move Well at the Westin Workout fitness studio and Eat Well at our full-service restaurant and bar with outdoor dining. And of course, Sleep Well in your signature Westin Heavenly Bed.
It is the primary responsibility of the Front Office Manager is to oversee all aspects of the Front Office and staff, in order to ensure quality guest satisfaction and operational efficiency
The Front Office Manager must ensure smooth operation of the Front Desk and all of its operations. He or she is responsible for staying within budgetary guidelines, following guidelines as specified in S.O.P.'s and training employees within those guidelines.
- Ensure all guests are being treated in an efficient and courteous manner and that all Starwood standards are being applied.
- Responsible for the hiring, training, and direction of new department employees.
- Ensure all Front Office quality standards are complied with and that policies and procedures are consistently applied.
- Work in conjunction with accounting to maintain and minimize levels of account receivables.
- Coordinate activities with other hotel departments in order to facilitate increased levels of communication and guest satisfaction.
- Assist in the daily maintenance of room inventory status to achieve optimal levels of revenues while maintaining high levels of guest expectations.
- Supervise the activities and the service levels of the concierge, telecommunications, and front desk divisions.
- Ensure the timely completion of performance appraisals.
- Research customer complaints and respond in a timely manner
- Must be able to perform all Front Desk duties
- Issue employee communication and counseling when needed
- Maintain open door policy
- Prepare and submit weekly payroll for direct reports
- Responsible for the Starwood Preferred Guest membership program and ensure that all guests who are members are appropriately recognized, meeting all Starwood standards.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel:
• Responsible for budgeting, forecasting, financial planning and management of the Front Office. Activities center on identification of strengths and weaknesses and the development of plans and strategies to ensure business development.
• Have control over the elements that determine profit and loss. Responsible for all major operating expenses and has the capacity to set margins and manage the business against profit projections. Make decisions that relate to profit and loss. Responsible for the financial management of the operation.
• Give direction and be responsible for the implementation of plans. Monitor plans’ effectiveness and introduce changes in response to the marketplace, including setting targets, planning and scheduling work and performance indicators that are typically productivity and efficiency measures.
• Responsible for promoting the product and services to the targeted customer/guest group. Develop promotional programs, point of sales materials, merchandising activities.
High school or equivalent education required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Five to 10 years years experience in Front Office/Guest Services, including at least two years supervisory experience, required. Previous Starwood/Westin experience preferred.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Starwood standards.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Interested candidates please complete an application at www.newcastlehotels.com/careers