Pyramid Hotel Group is committed to being the best and most desirable employer in the industry.
To achieve this goal, we recognize the importance of providing respect, support and rewards to all of our people. We seek motivated and enthusiastic team players to join Pyramid Hotel Group who believe in these same values.
Pyramid is comprised of a diverse group of individuals. Some of our people have worked together for many years; others have recently joined our team, bringing new insights and perspectives. Together we strive for excellence in every endeavor.
What makes working at Pyramid Hotel Group different?
- We pride ourselves on being agile, flexible and responsive. We provide all the internal resources of a large hotel chain without the burdens of bureaucracy.
- We provide outstanding leadership. Our principals, officers and managers are experienced team players. They are always accessible to our associates and provide exceptional support and development.
- We focus on Respect, Recognition and Rewards. We hold our associates accountable for their goals. In return we treat our people with respect, recognize excellence in job performance and reward achievement in meaningful ways.
Front Office Manager
Rooms - Front Office/Guest Services
Luxe City Center Hotel
Who we are: The Luxe City Center Hotel is a 179 room four diamond, full service hotel with over 5,000 square feet of flexible meeting space in the heart of exciting Downtown Los Angeles. Just steps from STAPLES Center and Microsoft Theatre at L.A LIVE, and a few blocks from major law firms and numerous national corporate and banking headquarters, this swanky urban oasis offers employees the best locale for work and play!
Come join our team! The Luxe City Center is seeking a dynamic individual who is motivational, passionate, and fun! We want you to lead our Front Office Team to ensure the effortless and seamless movement of guests in and out of the hotel, and to provide exceptional levels of service throughout our guests' stay.
The Front Office Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the front office guest services team, PBX, and bell staff. The Front Office Manager will assure guest service standards are being applied consistently and that all hotel and department policies and procedures are followed and adhered to.
- Maintains all standards of guest service to provide the very best in guest experience.
- Manage and motivate all front office personnel with the daily supervision to include staffing, training, discipline, scheduling and visually monitoring performance to ensure adherence to all service and productivity standards to provide guest satisfaction.
- Receives and resolves all departmental guest complaints in timely manner and within the guidelines of the company.
- Check and control room reservations, front office systems, supplies inventory, scheduling, forecasting and department budget to maximize revenue. Compile and prepare financial reports, including: rate and availability calendar.
- Communicate with guests and employees both verbally and in writing to answer questions and provide clear direction in advising and instructing staff in details of work. Organize, conduct and/or attend meetings to obtain and disseminate pertinent information.
- Implement and monitor all corporate marketing programs.
- Organize and conduct preshift and departmental meetings to disseminate pertinent information. Attend other hotel meetings as deemed necessary.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Richfield from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Richfield's rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of hotel facilities. Employees who violate Hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
- Perform room inspections which requires bending, stooping, reaching overhead and moving throughout guest floors.
- Assists in check in/ check out of guests or any related guest service activity.
- Perform other duties as requested. For example, special requests from guests.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Considerable knowledge of computer systems for registration, reservations and back up systems.
- Above average mathematical comprehension to understand and interpret numbers as they apply to operations in hotels.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language to communicate with guests and employees.
- Thorough organization and supervisory skills proficient in accomplishing the task.
- Ability to develop subordinates to enhance advancement in the hotel and corporation.
- Ability to analyze complex statistical data and make judgments accordingly.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Any combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. College Education Preferred.
- Minimum of two to five years’ experience as Assistant and/or Manager of hotel Front Office Operations.
Licenses or Certificates:
- CPR Certification and/or First Aid Training preferred. Ability to obtain any government required license or certificate.
- All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
- Additional language ability preferred.
We Participate in E-Verify
PLEASE COPY AND PASTE THIS LINK IN YOUR BROWSER TO APPLY FOR THIS OPENING ONLINE: