Lompoc Embassy Suites
If you have true entrepreneurial spirit, and have the attitude suited for the Hotel-Hospitality business, Windsor Capital Group can offer you exciting opportunities for your career into the future. WCG, is a dynamic and disciplined hotel company with a passion for excellence. We offer personal development programs for training and opportunities to grow and succeed.
Windsor Capital Group, Inc., is a privately held ownership and management company with a current portfolio of 10 hotels in 4 states across the United States including superior hotel brands such as:
WCG is comprised of industry hospitality leaders who are committed to excellence, lead by example, and aspire to inspire others who want to succeed and grow in this exciting business. If you are someone who wants an exciting career, and can learn, teach and grow in the hospitality industry, we want you to be a part of our dynamic team!
Purpose for the Position:
To coordinate front office activities of hotel or motel and resolve problems arising from guests’ complaints, reservation and room assignment activities, and unusual requests and inquiries; to maintain a high quality of services offered to guests through management of the functional areas of reservations, guest registration, bell services, telephone services and guest accounting so as to maintain established operational standards and maximize profits of the hotel. Concierge services and garage services may also report to this position.
1. Assigns duties and shifts to workers and observes performances to ensure adherence to hotel policies and established operating procedures.
2. Confers and cooperates with other managerial staff to ensure coordination of hotel activities.
3. Answers inquiries pertaining to hotel policies and services.
4. Greets important guests.
5. Arranges for private telephone line and other special services.
6. May patrol public rooms, investigate disturbances, and warn troublemakers.
7. May interview and hire applicants.
8. May receive and process advance registration payments.
9. May send out letters of confirmation or return checks when registration cannot be accepted.
10. Maintains standards of guest service quality.
11. Achieves budgeted revenues and expenses and maximizes profitability related to the guest services department.
12. Contributes to the profitability and guest satisfaction perception of other hotel departments.
13. Develops short-term and long-term financial and operational plans for the guest service department, which relate to the overall objectives of the hotel.
14. Participates in the preparation of the annual hotel budget.
15. Increases level of guest satisfaction by deliver of an improved product through employee development, job engineering, and quality image.
16. Manages in compliance with local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
17. Manages the reservation function to maintain highest possible room occupancy and average daily rate through suggestive selling by employees.
18. Maintains procedures for credit control and handling of financial transactions.
19. Maintains procedures for security of monies, guest security and emergency procedures.
20. Receives departmental-related guest complaints and ensures corrective action is taken.
21. All other duties as assigned by a manager or supervisor.
Skills and Abilities:
• Read and interpret business records and statistical reports.
• Use mathematical skills to interpret financial information and prepare budgets.
• Analyze and interpret policies established by administrators.
• Understand the government regulations covering business operations.
• Make business decisions based on production reports and similar facts.
• Make business decisions based on your own experience and personal opinion.
• See differences in widths and lengths of lines such as those on graphs.
• Deal with the general public, customers, employees, union and government officials with tact and courtesy.
• Plan and organize the work of others.
• Change activity frequently and cope with interruptions.
• Speak and write clearly.
• Accept the full responsibility for managing an activity.
High School completion OR an equivalent level of education and experience.