Careers and Job Opportunities for Crestline Hotels and Resorts LLC
Crestline -- successfully inspiring hospitality careers. As one of the largest and most well-respected hospitality management companies in the U.S., Crestline attributes its success to its more than 4,000 associates who exemplify our culture of service, forward-looking vision, and the ability to work together in a diverse environment. Since 2000, Crestline has been a preferred hospitality management company for many of the most notable brands including Marriott, Hilton, InterContinental, Hyatt and Starwood, as well as independent, private label hotels and conference centers. Operating in 28 states and the District of Columbia, Crestline's mission is to "exceed guest expectations, provide an engaging and supportive work environment, and deliver financial success and opportunities for our employees, our company and our owners and investors."
Crestline's associates enjoy liberal benefits, exceptional opportunities for growth and advancement, as well as educational opportunities. Crestline is consistently ranked as a top 10 management company - not only for its growth, but for its high operating standards that include optimal results in all areas of the hotel business - from RevPAR performance, to gross operating profit, to quality, to associate opinion surveys, and employee retention.
Whether you are looking to enhance your skills or rise to executive management, Crestline is a hospitality leader that values your work ethic and rewards your contributions. We invite you to consider a career with Crestline.
The Front Desk Night Clerk will serve as ambassador to the hotel handling all check-in and check-outs, answering incoming calls while upholding Guest Service Standards. Functions will also include nightly accounting and working as a "Runner" for housekeeping needs during the midnight shift. He/She will compute, classify, and record numerical data to keep financial records complete. The Front Desk Night Clerk will perform any combination of routine calculating, posting, and verifying duties to obtain primary financial data for use in maintaining accounting records. This position may also check the accuracy of figures, calculations, and postings pertaining to business transactions recorded by other workers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Responsibilities:
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Maintain complete knowledge of, or where to access to following information: a) all hotel features/services, hours of operation. b) all room types, numbers, layout, decor, appointments and location. c) all room rates, special packages and promotions. d) daily house count and expected arrivals/departures. e) room availability status for any given day. f) scheduled daily group activities.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
- Pick up, count and maintain bank. Secure bank at all times.
- Read the log book daily, and record all pertinent information in the log book.
- Process currency exchange and payments to guest accounts.
- Process adjustments, rebates, paid outs and credits as required.
- Operate P.M.S. (Property Management System) and maintain security of system.
- Verifies and makes corrections to the Room Rate Report.
- Post and audit Banquet charges.
- Adjust outside Vendor activity.
- Reconcile telephone calls and miscellaneous accounts.
- Backup computer system files.
- Verifies that all checks are closed, and closes and logs any open check in the P.O.S. (Point of Sale) system.
- Prints Food & Beverage end of day reports.
- Audit Food & Beverage cashiers work and correct discrepancies.
- Audit Rooms Cashiers work and correct discrepancies.
- Audit all miscellaneous charges. (Banquets, Bars etc.)
- Verifies package postings on house accounts.
- Input all sales figures into the P.M.S. and balance all accounts (Property Management System).
- Run Room & Tax verifying that all room rates posted.
- Verify Cashiers Report to drop log and paperwork.
- Record room statistics.
- Close P.O.S. after all work is balanced.
- Run end of day program and close day.
- Check that interfaces are up and running.
- Run daily Flash Reports and distribute accordingly.
- Run morning reports and backup reports and distribute accordingly.
- Print express check out folios and distribute.
- Sign out and brief relief.
- Review Night Audit checklist and verify that all work has been completed.
- Restock all printers.
- Fill out and deposit payment and corresponding checks.
- Review status of assignments and any follow-up action with on-coming Supervisor.
- Document maintenance needs on work orders and submit to Manager/Supervisor.
- Attend monthly department meetings and training sessions as necessary.
Education & Experience:
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
- One year previous experience in a similar position in a hotel preferred.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Customer service experience required.
- Must be flexible to work weekday and weekend shifts.
- Must be available to work the overnight shifts (typically 11pm to 7am).