Front Desk Manager
Location: CA - ON - Ottawa
Ottawa, ON, CA K1N9M7
Objective: To ensure guest satisfaction by motivating all front office staff to provide the high level of friendliness and courteous efficiency required of all employees in compliance with quality standards. Responsible for the efficient operation of the front office and the well-being of guests from their reservation and arrival to their departure. To provide training and assistance to all departmental employees.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversees the proper handling of cashier floats, auditing procedures and maintaining credit policies at the front office. Ensures transfers to A/R are accurate and correct i.e., late charges put on credit cards, no unauthorized billings, etc...
- Ensures all in-house guest accounts are collected, especially those identified by the daily verifications.
- Aids in the proper administration of all Frequent Guest programs
- Is available to receive VIP's
- Ensures the identifiable presence of management at the front desk in order to deal with any guest problems and complaints immediately
- Controls walk-ins, room pick-ups, stay overs, out of order rooms and rate variances
- Makes daily notations in the log book and follows up as required
- Liaises with the Housekeeping Manager and Maintenance Manager to ensure the efficient operation of room sales. Investigates all housekeeping report variances reporting reasons for variances to the FOM
- Ensures that staff are properly groomed and attired, including proper and complete uniforms
- Responds to guest problems and complaints in a courteous, prompt and professional manner
- Helps to ensure that working relationships are amiable and professional, in order to present and maintain a positive image for the hotel
- Attends all necessary meetings, bringing relevant comments
- Responsible to adhere to all policies and procedures relating to the front office
- Is fully prepared for emergency procedures and other safety requirements including the providing of emergency medical assistance.
- Additional duties as assigned by the General Manager
- Diploma or Bachelor in hotel studies preferred
- At least three years experience managing hotel-front-office
- Bi-lingual French preferred
- good interpersonal, management, communication and training skills
Novotel is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression. Novotel is also committed to ensuring that each individual will have genuine, open and unhindered access to employment opportunities. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact us. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, we will only contact those selected for an interview.