Front Desk/Guest Service Agent
Aurora Inn Hotel and Event Center
Location: US - OH - Aurora
Portfolio Hotels & Resorts is looking for Team Members that live our four Core Values:
- Be incredibly friendly & positive
- Serve & respect others
- Be smart about our business
- Enthusiastically reimagine
SUMMARY:The Front Desk/Guest Service Agent is primarily responsible for handling all guest interactions and going above and beyond to exceed guest requests. S/he often provides the first point of contact for guests and is responsible for creating an excellent first impression.
The Front Desk/Guest Service Agent shall strive to provide exceptional service to both internal and external guests at all times. S/he will be responsible for exemplifying the Hotel's Culture.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Anticipate guests' needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Maintain complete knowledge at all times of:
- all hotel features/services, hours of operation.
- all room types, numbers, layout, decor, appointments and location.
- all room rates, special packages and promotions.
- daily house count and expected arrivals/departures.
- room availability status for any given day.
- scheduled in-house group activities, locations and times.
- all hotel and departmental policies and procedures.
- Access all functions of the computer system.
- Ensure that current information on rates, packages and promotions is available at the Front Desk.
- Inspect, plan and ensure that all materials and equipment are in complete readiness for service.
- Monitor the hotel front entrance and resolve any congested situations.
- Monitor the check-in/check-out process; anticipate critical situations and assist wherever necessary to help alleviate the pressure and to process the guest expediently.
- Monitor communication logs and ensure that guest requests are followed up within specified minutes determined by property guidelines.
- Maintain a neat and presentable front desk area.
- Monitor guest mail and ensure that it is processed according to procedures.
- Monitor and ensure that express check-outs are processed through the system.
- Observe guest reactions and confer frequently with staff to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Assist guests with reports of lost/stolen articles, following hotel policy.
- Adhere to hotel requirements for guest/employee accidents or injuries and in emergency situations.
- Contact newly registered guests within specified minutes determined by property guidelines after check-in to establish guest satisfaction; resolve any dissatisfaction immediately. Document each call according to procedures.
- Ensure security of guest rooms.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Prior hospitality experience required
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Previous experience with Windows, Office, and Opera or similar property management system.