Front Desk Agent
Ensures guest satisfaction and revenue optimization through check in, check out and attentive coordination of hotel services for the guest. Works to optimize the guest experience while at the hotel and elsewhere by acting pleasant, professional and efficient.
* Books guest reservations and/or coordinates with reservation center
* Registers guests into the hotel in a prompt and courteous manner using up-selling techniques to maximize room rates; prepares for group check-ins, check-outs, and VIP arrivals. Greets, registers, and assigns rooms to guests
* Handles confidential information, including guest records, with a high degree of integrity
* Answers and routes calls as appropriate; takes guest messages with accuracy
* Assists with sales and marketing efforts as directed by the General Manager
* Offers and properly handles requests for wake-up calls
* Records pertinent guest information in the pass on log
* Replenishes continental breakfast as needed and keeps area clean
* Ensures common area/lobby is clean
* Performs laundry functions as directed
* Checks guests in and out of the hotel; processes customer payments according to established policies and procedures.
* Answers phone in a prompt, efficient, and friendly manner.
* Promotes hotel services, facilities and outlets and becomes informed and knowledgeable of upcoming events/ functions in the hotel and in the surrounding area.
* Answers guests’ questions about the property and amenities and is able to refer and direct guests to area attractions and outlets. Arranges for the appropriate transportation of guests to and from the hotel when necessary.
* Uses creative reasoning to overcome guest objections and concerns and to ensure 100% satisfaction.
* Resolves minor guest complaints to the satisfaction of the customer; informs supervisor of major problems, complaints, disturbances or unhappy guests.
* Respond quickly to guest requests or complaints in a friendly manner and appropriate action is taken. Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction.
* Completes daily paperwork to include cashing out, documenting all adjustments, miscellaneous postings, paid outs, charges and check-outs.
* Handles departmental accounting of monies, receipts, guest accounts and other forms of credit; posts all charges; completes cashier’s report, prepares deposit and counts cashier bank.
* Balances cash bag at open and closing of each shift.
* Transmits and receives messages using equipment such as computer, telephone, email, fax and switchboard.
* Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
* Follows company policies and procedures.
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Internal: Engineering: To relay guest needs for service.
Accounting: To seek credit approval for payment processing.
Housekeeping: To verify room availability.
Food and Beverage: To arrange for group functions or guest reservations.
External: Hotel guests: To sell and provide customer service; to resolve problems, to make arrangements.
Valet Service: To provide customer service
Transportation Companies: To arrange guest transportation, Lost Bags, Distressed Passengers
Local Businesses: To reference information for guests, make arrangements for guests, and develop relationships
Education/Experience: Less than high school diploma; or 1-3 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certification and/or License Requirement: None.
Skills and Qualities:
* Interpersonal skills
* Computer skills
* Patience and Understanding
* Customer Service Orientation
* Sales Orientation
* Judgment and decision making skills
* Knowledge of surrounding area
* Rational and patient problem solving
Will be required to work nights, weekends and holidays.
Will be required to work in fast paced environment.
May be asked to work overtime.
This description of physical and mental activities is not intended to describe essential job functions. Rather, its purpose is to give the job applicant a feel for the physical and mental activities of the job to the end that an applicant with a disability can determine whether he or she will be able to do this job either with or without accommodations.
The major responsibility in this position is to operate at the front desk while providing a variety of hotel services for guests, therefore a significant portion of the workday is spent speaking, listening, and moving about while standing.
The vast majority of time is spent interacting with guests of the hotel, typically while standing up. This person types or uses a keyboard to coordinate hotel services for the guests.
A significant portion of time is spent using the hotel’s computer system for reservations, scheduling or other guest related services.
This position utilizes problem solving and reasoning abilities often. The guest service representative will analyze the short-term and long-term impact of solutions to guest issues and problems and will creatively solve new and unseen problems as they arise.
Reading and writing abilities are utilized often in compiling guest registration information or accounts, and completing cashier reports.
Mathematical abilities, including basic math are utilized when handling departmental monies, guest accounts or the cashier bank.
* Reports to: Front Desk Supervisor, General Manager, Assistant General Manager, Front Office Manager or Director of Operations
* Job title also known as: Guest Service Representative, Reservations Agent or Guest Service Agent, Front Desk Agent
On this date, I received a copy of this position description. The position description was reviewed in its entirety with me and I agree it constitutes an accurate overall general description of my current job duties with Texas Western Hospitality.
* High School diploma or equivalent and two years experience in Guest Services in medium to large sized hotel or similar industry, to include supervisory experience. Special consideration will be given to those who exhibit exemplary performance.
* High School or better
* Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
* Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
* Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
* Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
See job description