JHM Hotels, Inc. Job Opportunities and Hotel Careers
JHM Hotels, Inc. is a national multi-brand hotel company that has developed, acquired, owned, and operated hotels throughout the United States for more than 36 years. These years of growth have earned the company rich and varied experience in every facet of modern hotel development and management.
JHM Hotels has 40 properties with over 6,520 rooms and 1,500 associates with a concentration in key U.S. destinations such as Orlando, Atlanta, Miami, Charleston, SC and soon Washington, DC, along with a five-star luxury hotel in Surat, India. Operating under top performing franchise flags such as Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, and Starwood, JHM is committed to being a premier lodging company. The company's mission statement shares this commitment with guests, associates and ownership.
The JHM "family" has grown by inviting highly qualified, performance-oriented professionals to join their team and continue to add chapters to the JHM Hotels success story. JHM continues to add to its portfolio through a well balanced and long term growth plan. New associates who are excited about developing a career with a dynamic, values-driven company and ready to be challenged are great candidates for becoming a part of this well-established, yet growing company.
JHM Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program.
Candidates are offered an opportunity to explore a work environment where their hard work, dedication, integrity and commitment are the keys to their personal and professional growth. With a long standing history of promotion from within and a low turnover rate, which is significantly below the industry standards, the limits of a hospitality career with JHM are unending.
You will find JHM Hotels driven to be "a premier lodging company", never satisfied with the status quo and always searching for a better way to exceed associate, guest and owner expectations.
The primary purpose of the Guest Service Agent is to greet and serve guests in a professional, gracious manner. Register guests; provide prompt and courteous service to the guest throughout their stay, resolve guest problems, close guest accounts upon check out and offer fond farewell to guests.
Essential Job Functions
- Greet guests immediately with a friendly, sincere welcome. Maintain eye contact with guest. Use a positive, clear speaking voice, listen to guest requests and respond with appropriate action.
- Employ operational and selling techniques to maximize occupancy levels and achieve the highest average rate possible, and ensure that staff does the same. Maintain and provide accurate information on and promote hotel facilities.
- Maintain cash bank per accounting guidelines. Comply with all accounting procedures.
- Maintain effective communication within Front Office and related departments, and with all hotel departments. Stay aware of issues relating to front office and general hotel operations. Attend meetings as scheduled. Apprise management of any concerns or suggestions.
- Adhere to safety, security and emergency procedures, react appropriately during emergency situations, and act promptly to correct hazards. Adhere to security procedures on the handling of guest room keys, the protection of guest related information and conduct weekly inventory of guest room keys.
- Understand and operate front office telephone, computer systems, and equipment such as ten key adding machine, facsimile machines, etc.
- Promptly complete registration process, input and retrieve information from computer, confirm pertinent information including number of guests, method of payment and length of stay, select guest room based upon guest needs/request, nonverbal confirmation of room number and rate, provide key folder containing guest room key (and club key if applicable), certificate and coupons as appropriate. Close out guest accounts at time of check out. Properly file and retrieve registration cards.
- Verify and imprint credit cards for authorization using electronic acceptance methods. Handle cash, make change, and balance assigned cash bank. Accept and record vouchers, traveler’s check and other forms of payment. Post charges to guest rooms and house accounts using the computer. Process payments per established procedures.
- Provide safety deposit boxes to guests in accordance with established hotel procedures.
- Promptly answer the telephone using positive, pleasant tone of voice and following the established verbiage. Input messages into the computer. Retrieve messages and communicate the content of messages to guests. Retrieve and send mail, small packages and facsimiles for guests.
- Listen to and promptly act to resolve guest problems and complaints. Authorize revenue allowances to remedy problems only after other alternative solutions have failed and appropriately document the solution/remedy. Apprise management of all guest complaints/problems; including those that have been resolved.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
JHM Hotels is an Equal Employment Opportunity and E-Verify Employer. All applicants are subject to background and substance abuse screening prior to any offer of employment.