Apply Now Quirk Hotel will be a 75-room boutique art-focused luxury hotel, bringing art and life together to create a unique hotel experience in downtown Richmond, VA. The historic mid-rise Italian Renaissance building was originally built in 1916 and is located in the heart of the Arts & Culture District, within walking distance to many shops, and restaurants. The hotel features and amenities include a signature restaurant and bar and gourmet coffee shop, located in the expansive Lobby along with a seasonal roof deck bar and approximately 3,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor meeting and event space and a highly visible prime location at the corner of West Broad Street and Jefferson Street. Quirk Hotel enjoys an ideal location that is proximate and easily accessible to the area's major transportation arteries.
Job OverviewThe Server Assistant/Food Runner is responsible for working with the expo to assure prompt delivery of the food that is ready in the “hot” and “cold” windows in the kitchen. The Server Assistant/Food Runner is responsible for delivery to the tables in the Food & Beverage Outlet . The Server Assistant/Food Runner and expo work both together and independently to assure that every plate looks correct and to deliver hot/cold food in a timely manner to the guests in all outlets. The Server Assistant/Food Runner together with the service staff is responsible for bringing any additional items the guests need to complete their meal.Essential Functions
- Checks each plate of food to be correct as ordered by the guest
- Makes sure all condiments are accompanying each order
- Assures that every item on the order is ready and on the tray together
- Works diligently to avoid breakage and loss
- Notifies server of guest needs
- Completes all opening, on-going and closing side work and manager on duty as signed off on work
- Stocks/restocks appropriate linens for service
- Stocks/restocks work stations with appropriate plates and saucers, etc
- Informs server of any potential guest issues
- Provides general resort information for guests
- Flexibility. This is a demanding business and we look for flexibility with work days and hours, but it’s also a lot of fun!
- Experience. Previous experience passionately providing service to others. Excellent phone skills needed.
- People Person. The best part of serving others is creating experiences for them that go beyond the expected.
- Great communicator. Providing amazing experiences requires the ability to communicate to any guest, client or associate.
A qualified applicant is a “people person” who is flexible with their schedule, loves to serve others, and knows how to multi-task while ensuring accuracy.