Stowe Mountain Lodge, located in the heart of the storybook town of Stowe, Vermont, is New England's preeminent ski-in/ski-out mountain lodge. Boasting 312 luxuriously appointed accommodations, world-class spa, award-winning dining, 18-hole Bob Cupp designed golf course, 24-hour heated pool and a wide array of year-round activities, Stowe Mountain Lodge is a destination truly unlike anything else in the east. Despite the carefully crafted rustic Vermont-Alpine architecture, stunning, panoramic mountain views and the tranquility of the area, Stowe Mountain Lodge believes success is achieved by the team behind the property. At Stowe Mountain Lodge, we promote a strong work ethic, cooperation and a team-building mentality, positive spirit, new ideas and growth and reward those who consistently go above and beyond in their work. We empower our employees, at every level, so each individual can truly make a difference at Stowe Mountain Lodge. Undoubtedly, we recognize it is people that support Stowe Mountain Lodge that make it the most exceptional, unsurpassed, luxury ski resort in the Northeast.
Job OverviewThis position supports the daily operations and direct personnel supervision of the specified lounge(s). These responsibilities include but are not limited to operating within departmental budget/forecasting goals, and ensuring compliance of regulatory matters specific to Food and Beverage. The Manager ensures an efficient and fiscally responsible operation through assistance in development and implementation of department policies and procedures.Essential Functions
- Monitor the compliance of guest service standards, cleanliness and safety policies and regulations within the outlet
- Assist in all phases of food and beverage service, cost control, and personnel
- Research, develop, recommend and implement department products, programs and services
- Assist in the recruitment, supervision development, discipline and training of lounge staff
- Maintains thorough and accurate records and complete all required departmental reporting
- Develops and promote guest rapport and service standards compliant with company policies
- Manage inventory counts and implement inventory and purchasing controls for lounge products
- 1-3 years previous leadership experience within the luxury food and beverage industry
- Advanced knowledge in the food and beverage industry, preferably in an upscale restaurant/lounge
- Must have extensive wine, spirit and beer knowledge.
- Sommelier (any level) preferred
- Mixology and upscale beverage menu creation experience required.
- Previous restaurant/lounge supervisory experience, preferably in a fast paced environment
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Valid DLC certification required.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- College degree or equivalent of education and work experience
- High School degree required.