Finance Analist and Cost Control
What will it be like to work for a Hilton Worldwide Brand?
Our Team Members are the Heart of Hilton. As extraordinary hospitality professionals, we work together to make Hilton a great place to work and to build rewarding careers for ourselves and our colleagues.
Hilton Worldwide is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton Worldwide has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton Worldwide is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its 13 global brands, which include Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Canopy by Hilton, Curio A Collection by Hilton, DoubleTree by Hilton, Embassy Suites by Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Hotels, Tru by Hilton, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton and Hilton Grand Vacations. The company also manages the world-class guest reward program Hilton HHonors®.
At Hilton, our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all! Come be a part of our team!
Hilton World Wide Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
As Finance analist and Cost Control, you will ensure the accuracy of stocks, accounts payable, prepayments, and creditor/accruals accounting records and provide periodic reports to the Finance department. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Maintain accurate stocks, accounts payable, prepayments and creditor/accruals accounting records
- Provide related financial reports for the hotels under the umbrella of the centralised accounting system using PeopleSoft Financials
- Comply with company timetables and policies
- Support the Finance Manager in managing communications with FAAST regarding the payment and handling of suppliers to include the accurate and timely processing of invoices
- Lead the month end process, as it relates to stocks, creditors, prepayments and accruals, and ensure all work is completed on time with all relevant accounts reconciled
- Authorise month end stock, prepayment and accruals journals, as prepared by the Accounts Payable Assistant
- Ensure the balance sheets, as they relate to stocks, prepayments, creditors and accruals are a fair reflection of the assets and liabilities of the hotels
- Review the balance sheets, ensure reconciliations are performed of all hotel controlled stocks, prepayments, creditor and accruals accounts and that all balances are explained even if reconciled elsewhere
- Maintain Fixed Cost Register and ensure that it fully and accurately reflects all active contracts
- Develop best practice financial accounting and control procedures and continually review and develop the process and procedures to maximise impact and efficiency
- Maintain good communications and working relationships with all hotel areas
- Act in accordance with fire, health and safety regulations and follow the correct procedures when required
- Serve your role and Team in an environmentally-conscience manner
An Finance Analist and Cost Control serving Hilton Worldwide brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Organisation, planning skills and the ability to prioritise
- Rigorous commitment to accuracy and detail
- Analytical approach and creativity to problem resolution
- Commitment to support and drive change where necessary
- Advanced IT skills, especially with MS Office and Hilton Worldwide systems
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Relevant degree, in Finance or related business discipline, from an academic institution
- Technical accounting knowledge of double-entry bookkeeping, stocks, creditors and accruals
- Previous experience in the hospitality industry