Vail Resorts Inc. is the premier mountain resort company in the world and a leader in luxury, destination-based travel at iconic locations.
Vail Resorts owns or manages 13 hotels located at its five premier mountain resorts of Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Keystone, and Heavenly, including RockResorts branded hotels and about 1,500 managed condominiums and townhomes. The Company also operates RockResorts in Santa Fe, Jackson Hole, Jamaica, the Dominican Republic and St. Lucia.
Our mission is simple. Experience of a lifetime.
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Mt. Brighton is looking for enthusiastic, positive and high energy individuals to join our team! We are a crew with a strong dedication to guest service who provide quality food in full-service dining and at weddings or for banquet services. The Sous Chef will assist with kitchen management and will be responsible for the overall food quality to provide guests with a pleasant dining experience on a daily basis.
- Assist Food & Beverage Manager with menu planning, production and daily operation of the restaurant
- assists management team with strategic planning regarding financial planning, menu development, cost control and positioning of restaurant.
- Assist in oversight of commissary kitchen production of bulk sauces, soups, smoked items, etc for other on-mountain restaurants and bakery program to generate additional revenues.
- Assist Manager and receiving department with ordering/receiving, cost transfers, variance reports and inventory control of all food, beverages, supplies, etc purchased for the entire building.
- Check and maintain food quality of all food served and produced
- In-depth knowledge of classical and contemporary culinary techniques
- Assist with all off premise catering, employee holiday meals, on mountain events, end of season BBQ, etc
- Proficiency with computer software for the following: ordering, inventory, scheduling, time and labor.
- Assist Manager with scheduling of staff and performance reviews of staff to budgeted labor.
- Resolving payroll exceptions, approvals, and labor distribution reports
- Assist Manager with payroll, inventory, worker's comp claims, etc
- Assist Manager with hiring, retaining and training all food service personnel
- Sous Chef will monitor and supervise all station supervisors for the following:
- Product and production need list for next day business
- Equipment maintenance log
- Food quality and sanitation line checks for all stations.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Culinary degree – Preferred
- 3 years high volume restaurant experience – Required
- Able to work flexible hours including weekends and holidays – Required
- 3 years supervisory experience – Preferred
- Serve Safe certification – Preferred (We will provide training upon hire if not certified)
- Able to communicate English – Required
- Ability to communicate in Spanish – Preferred
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to bend, lift and carry heavy objects.
- Able to lift at least 50 lbs. – Required
Work with a team that’s passionate about providing world-class experiences at one of the legendary Midwest family winter destinations. An easy drive from many southeast Michigan cities, Mt. Brighton is truly the place where Epic begins offering year-round amenities from skiing to golf and mountain biking.Become part of the Mt. Brighton family. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 130350