Dramatically poised at the edge of the Pacific Ocean on the Palos Verdes Peninsula, Terranea's 102 acres are infused with the elegance of a classic Mediterranean estate, the casual energy of coastal Southern California, and countless ways to spend your days - all tied together with authentic, genuine hospitality and a deep respect for this irreplaceable oceanfront setting. A gracious, old-world ambiance permeates the grounds, from the resort lobby and outdoor gardens, to private terraces and inviting courtyards with outdoor fireplaces.
Located just south of Los Angeles, Terranea offers a 582-room resort, including a luxurious collection of residential bungalows, casitas and villas. The resort features a host of world-class amenities, such as The Links at Terranea, an award-winning 9-hole, par 3 golf course, the spectacular Spa at Terranea, three ocean view pools, family-friendly activities, and a collection of eight distinctive restaurants, bars, cafés and lounges.
Job OverviewYou will be an integral member of the team that creates distinctively different and authentic experiences for our guests. You will be the liaison between front and back of house, ensuring orders flow from the kitchen to dining room in a smooth and timely manner. You will use the freedom to go beyond to turn guest interactions into moments of magic. Essential Functions
- Enthusiastically transport and deliver orders to the dining room in a timely manner
- Act as a liaison between guests, servers and kitchen staff
- Collaborate with team members to communicate any special needs or guest requests
- Ensure all orders meet our presentation standards and special requests have been acknowledged
- Proactively support the restaurant team while monitoring dining room activity
- Create memorable experiences with your welcoming personality by genuinely relating to guests and associates
- Utilize the freedom to go beyond and take initiative to resolve guest complaints and create loyalty
- Flexibility. This is a demanding business and we look for flexibility with work days and hours, but it’s also a lot of fun!
- Experience. Must meet the legal age requirement to serve alcohol. Previous experience passionately providing food and beverage service to others preferred.
- Knowledge. Alcohol service and Food Handler certifications are required. Familiarity of restaurant terminology and food service techniques preferred.
- People Person. The best part of serving others is creating experiences for them that go beyond the expected.
- Great communicator. Providing amazing experiences requires the ability to communicate fluently in English both verbally and through legible writing
A qualified applicant is a “people person” who is flexible with their schedule, loves to serve others, and knows how to multi-task while ensuring accuracy.