Executive Sous Chef
Summary: The Executive Sous Chef has an overall
responsibility for the efficient and effective running
of the kitchen and food production outlets, ensuring
operating costs are minimized.
* Responsible for the execution of all company
policies and procedures, ensuring that all services
provided achieve the established standards within
the agreed budgetary controls.
* Advise the Executive Chef on all matters relating to
the kitchen area and ensure a high standard of
cleanliness and hygienic practice throughout the
* To assist the Executive Chef in budgeting i.e. food
cost/payroll/etc. When agreed, control all
overheads/achieve food cost budget throughout the
oncoming year/report all variances from actual
budget with the reasons and recommendations for
* Ensure guest satisfaction with the smooth and
effective running of the day-to-day operation.
* To maintain control of the standards for purchasing
and receiving items.
* Work closely with the storeroom manager and food and
beverage controller to establish and maintain
control of the standards for purchasing and
* To test and evaluate products for quality, paying
particular attention to yield/holding
qualities/market price/wastage usage of leftovers.
* Constantly inspect all food service sections during
service time to ensure that the correct standards
* Responsible for control of equipment and scheduling
* Customer Service and prior admin experience
* Associates Degree or higher preferred in Culinary
* Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Delphi or
* Excellent organizational skills.
* Clear, positive, energetic communication skills.
* Minimum 5 years at an Executive Sous Chef or Sous
Chef level management position of a 4 star
establishment or higher.
* Serve Safe certified food manager
* Experience managing in a union environment is
Loews Hotels is a vibrant collection of one-of-a-kind hotels with distinct personalities. Each hotel and resort offers high-quality accommodations, impressive surroundings, personalized service, and thoughtful amenities for a luxurious guest experience. As a company we care about our guests, our community and our team members.
Headquartered in New York City, Loews Hotels manages properties in most major markets in the U.S. and Canada. Each property goes beyond Four Diamond standards to provide guests with a supremely comfortable, uniquely local travel experience at a great value. Loews Hotels boast prime locations in the cities of New York, Washington DC, Denver, Los Angeles, Nashville, Philadelphia, Annapolis, Montreal, and Quebec City, as well as world-renowned vacation destinations such as Miami's South Beach, Universal Orlando, New Orleans, Tucson, and California's Coronado Island. Loews has established some of the industry's most innovative and successful travel programs, including Loews Loves Kids for families and Loews Loves Pets for discerning animals on the road.
At Loews Hotels, our team members' commitment to our guests and dedication to our communities is cherished. We seek genuine individuals who are able to engage and delight our guests by providing Four Diamond AND MORE service. We invest in training and development opportunities for all team members, so they may grow and develop as individuals. We embrace diversity at our core and offer the opportunity for all team members to reach their potential as professionals. At Loews Hotels, we seek to create a dynamic culture that makes work interesting, challenging, fulfilling and fun.
As part of our commitment to our team members, Loews Hotels is proud to offer competitive compensation and benefit plans tailored to each marketplace. These include:
- Pay that meets or exceeds area standards
- Retirement (401-K) and incentive plans
- Medical and dental coverage
- Short and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Team member assistance plans
- Career development programs
- Tuition reimbursement programs
Loews Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture, M/F/D/V