Executive Sous Chef
Location: US - CA - San Francisco
San Francisco, CA, US 94102
A global tribe of individuals, partners and progressives, devoted to creating extraordinary experiences for our community throughout our proprietary brands - we are sbe.
Visionaries at the forefront of hospitality, cuisine, design, residences and entertainment, our lifestyle moments are forged with highly-curated and passionate service.
We are committed to authenticity, sophistication, mastery and innovation. Our stage is the world. Our time is now.
With this in mind, we foster a family environment built on values that describe our lifestyle, experiences and how we see the world. When you have a tribe such as ours and place it in and around the collection of accommodations, restaurants, nightlife, retail and gaming, you create a force that cannot be replicated by anyone else. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Under the general guidance of the Executive Chef, perform all duties to support the seamless running of the kitchen, by providing a highly efficient and effective service whilst ensuring that all food production and operation adheres to specified food cost percentage.
Duties & Functions:
- Check all prepared mis en place and food stocks (including dry stores) and replenish as necessary
- Supervise and assist in the preparation of all food mis en place, ensuring all necessary work is completed prior to the commencement of service
- Assist in the prevention of pilferage from the dry stores and refrigeration within the department
- Control wastage by maintaining the correct stock levels and rotation from dry stores and avoid the over production of food and mis en place
- Be aware of the required food cost percentage and run the section within these guidelines at all times
- Assist other sections of the kitchen in the production and service of food or the cleaning down of the section as and when required due to the workload
- Remain on duty until the following shift takes over or until you are discharged by the Executive Chef
- Ensure all working areas of the kitchen, dry stores and refrigeration are maintained in a clean and hygienic condition at all times, and especially after your shift has finished
- Make sure, in conjunction with your team that all section files and recipes are maintained and updated
- Maintain constant quality control of all food prepared and cooked ensuring it is to the Executive Chef’s and Restaurant standards
- Ensure all main cool rooms are tidy and clean at all times, especially after each service, so the Duty Chef can carry out daily ordering
- Assist with employee relations and scheduling
Specific Job Knowledge & Skills:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- College Degree in Business, Hospitality, or Related field preferred
- One to two years in a public contact position, preferably in an upscale or lifestyle brand hotel
- Possess a gracious, friendly, and fun demeanor
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast paced environment and have a high level attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments
- Ability to work independently and to partner with others to promote an environment of teamwork
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping
- Requires manual ability to use, carry, and operate all necessary equipment
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time. This job description reflects the job content at the time of writing and will be subject to periodic change in light of changing operational and environmental requirements. Such changes will be discussed with the job holder and the job description amended accordingly. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship.