Job Purpose: To manage all facets of the Housekeeping Department ensuring high levels of guest service and satisfaction. Includes rooms, laundry, public areas, department storage areas and work areas.
- Supervise housekeeping and laundry staff: hiring, firing, performance evaluations, training and development. Schedule staff according to labor standards and forecasted occupancy.
- Assist General Manager in development of the department's annual budget. Monitor performance against plan.
- Enforce policies and procedures.
- Maintain room quality based on hotel objectives. Monitors and maintains level of cleanliness in rooms, storage areas, laundry, restrooms and public areas.
- Compile and report accurate status of guest rooms to front office.
- Enforce standard procedures for the acceptance, security, and return on guest lost and found items.
- Maintain standard procedures for security of on-loan equipment.
- Maintain productivity and labor cost goals.
- Establish and maintain cost control systems for staffing linen inventories and cleaning supplies. Conduct inventories of linen, supplies and equipment. Order and receive supplies to maintain adequate inventory levels.
- Ensure quality services are rendered in meeting guest needs and that guest relations are enhanced.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagrammatic form. Deal with problems involving several concrete variables in or from standardized situations.
- Add, subtract, multiply, and divide all units of measure with like common and decimal fractions. Compute ratio, rate, and percent. Draw & interpret bar graphs. Perform arithmetic operations involving American monetary units.
- Read and understand instructions, safety rules, etc. Write reports with proper format, punctuation, spelling, and grammar, using all parts of speech. Speak with correct English and well-modulated voice.
- Determine time, place, and sequence of operations or action to be taken on the basis of analysis of data; executing determination of and/or reporting on events. Determine or interpret work procedures for a group of workers, assign specific duties, maintain harmonious relations among them and promote efficiency.
Bachelors Degree in Business or related field preferred.
Minimum 2 years experience as Assistant Housekeeper, and 2 years housekeeping experience in a commercial environment in a supervisory capacity; OR, equivalent level of education and experience.