Executive Chef- Holiday Inn The Colony
Our business is booming. Which is to be expected. After all, with a team like ours, success comes pretty easily. That's because our associates are -- hmm, how can we put this in a way that doesn't sound overly cocky -- the best on the planet.
Texas Western Hospitality, and managing partner Western International, own and operate over thirty select service, full service and extended stay hotels all carrying Marriott, Holiday Inn and Hilton flags. We currently operate hotels throughout Texas, Arizona, and North Carolina. We have several properties under construction which will open in the near future.
Texas Western Hospitality flies only the best flags, builds only the best hotels and employs only the best of managers. This simple, yet proven strategy has allowed us to deliver exceptional results to all of our stakeholders; investment partners, owners, associates and customers alike.
The Executive Chef will supervise food preparation assuring a consistent, high quality food product, and ensuring that the established hotel and the restaurant quality standards are maintained or exceeded. This includes enforcing cleanliness and sanitation standards, adhering to the annual budget, maximizing profits, cost control, and staff training and scheduling.
* Supervises food preparation staff: hiring, terminating, disciplinary actions, performance evaluations, training, motivation and development.
* Schedules subordinates, maintaining adequate staffing levels while adhering to established labor standards.
* Assures all food is prepared in accordance with the Restaurant standards, following the Restaurant recipes, and practicing HACCP during all phases of food production.
* Assures all food items are properly labeled and rotated following the First In/First Out method.
* Communicates manpower, equipment and supply needs, as well as suggestions, problems, and general operational observations to the Food & Beverage Director.
* Purchases food and equipment, assigning specifications, quantities, quality descriptions, and noting bids.
* Maintains an orderly, clean, safe and sanitary kitchen which meets or exceeds health standards and established hotel policies and standards regarding kitchen cleanliness and sanitation.
* Assists the Food & Beverage Director in developing the Annual Operating Budget.
* Heads staff meetings on a daily basis.
* Attends meetings as required.
* Performs inventories of all food items on a regularly scheduled basis.
* Insures attainment of budgeted profits by assisting in increasing sales and implementing necessary controls.
* Assures that hotel room services orders are prepared in a manner meeting or exceeding hotel quality standards and delivery time requirements.
* Supervises food preparation to include methods, portion control and garnishing; ensure attractive presentation of all foods.
* Assists food and beverage director, sales, and banquet staffs with banquets, social parties and special events.
* Monitors expenses to keep within budgeted guidelines and assists the food and beverage director in developing the annual operating budget.
* Schedules employees at proper staffing levels; watches labor cost daily to ensure efficiency in scheduling.
* Participates in monthly inventory verification and maintains adequate supplies.
* Responds quickly to guest requests in a friendly manner. Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction.
* Follows company policies and procedures and is able to effectively communicate them to subordinates.
* Aggressively recruits and staffs department using company hiring standards (i.e. behavioral questioning, reference checks, evaluations and team interviews).
* Ensures kitchen is clean and sanitary and is in compliance with all federal, state and local laws, including OSHA, EEOC, Wage Hour and Health laws.
* 4 - 6 years: Chef experience
* Culinary School degree or equivalent work experience. Special consideration will be given to those who exhibit exemplary performance.
* Technical/other training or better
* Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
See job description