Event Operations Supervisor will perform a variety of tasks in the day-to-day operation of the rinks Hersheypark Arena and HERSHEYPARK Christmas Candylane. This position will also provide support in the preparation of the venues for events throughout the Entertainment Complex including GIANT CENTER, HERSHEYPARK & Hershey Theatre.
Event Operations Supervisor may be required to do one or all of the following tasks:
- Maintain the ice surface at HERSHEYPARK Arena and GIANT CENTER including operation of ice resurfacer and ice edger.
- Maintain artificial ice surface and oversee operation of Rudolph’s Pond in HERSHEYPARK.
- Sharpen rental and public ice skates.
- Perform routine inspection of equipment and perform minor maintenance.
- Maintain the appearance of the public spaces and performer spaces at each venue
- Maintain support spaces as required
- Prepare space for use on performance days
- Receive deliveries and interact with contractors as required at each venue
- Provide coverage as facility representative for social rentals and non-ticketed events
- Maintain inventories of department supplies
- Setting up and removing chairs and/or tables before and after events
- Assisting and manage skating activities (public skating, skating parties, rink rentals, etc.).
- Complete rink daily deposit reports.
- Assist in the documentation of underground storage tank monitoring.
- Assist with the training and leading of staff.
- Assisting in other event requirements as needed
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Familiarity with operational functions.
- Ability to follow directions and work with limited supervision
- Must be friendly, upbeat, and work well with and lead other employees and be able to interact with guests
- Must have reliable, steady transportation to and from work
- Must be able to speak, write, and understand English
- Must have basic math skills and be able to handle money.
- Must be able to use Lotus Notes, Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Must display a positive attitude, eagerness to learn, and professional image in compliance with the Hershey Entertainment & Resorts guidelines
- Must have the ability to safeguard confidential information
- Must be able to work flexible hours including days, evenings, weekends, and holidays
- The schedule requirement for this position includes a working schedule with a variety of shifts. Start and end times will vary depending upon event requirements.
- Must be able to work in combination of indoor and outdoor weather conditions
- Physical requirements include standing, bending, sitting, walking, and communicating
- During concert sound/lighting checks you may be exposed to loud volume/music and a variety of lighting levels
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. independently
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer