Wyndham Vacation Ownership - WorldMark Indio Resort
California-Palm Springs/Inland Empire
Wyndham Vacation Ownership
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered.
About Wyndham Vacation OwnershipWyndham Vacation Ownership, a member of Wyndham Worldwide's (NYSE: WYN) family of companies, is the world's largest vacation ownership business, as measured by the number of vacation ownership resorts, individual vacation ownership units and owners of vacation ownership interests. Wyndham Vacation Ownership develops, markets and sells vacation ownership interests and provides consumer financing to owners through its four primary consumer brands, CLUB WYNDHAM, WorldMark® by Wyndham, Wyndham Vacation Resorts Asia Pacific and Shell Vacations. As of December 31, 2012, Wyndham Vacation Ownership had developed or acquired more than 185 vacation ownership resorts throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean and the South Pacific that represent more than 23,000 individual vacation ownership units and more than 900,000 owners of vacation ownership interests. Wyndham Vacation Ownership is headquartered in Orlando, Fla., and is supported by more than 15,000 employees globally.
Worldmark by Wyndham Indio is situated in California’s Coachella Valley, and just a short drive to Palm Springs. Worldmark Indio is a high profile property comprised of 436 timeshare resort units within a campus style layout, and offers one - four bedroom units and presidential suites. The Mediterranean-style resort offers an array of activities and features to our guests, including the "Lazy River," spa services and recreational areas including sport courts. Each unit at Worldmark Indio overlooks the pristine golf course or the mountains surrounding the valley.
As part of the leadership team at Worldmark Indio, you will have an opportunity to gain valuable HOA experience, with 4 HOAs onsite.
The Evening Manager will partner with site leadership and provide management presence during the evening hours. The Evening Manager will oversee resort evening operations in the most efficient and effective manner possible, while maintaining the integrity of Wyndham Vacation Ownership service standards. He/She will manage the night audit process, ensure all of previous day’s work has been properly audited, perform unit and safety inspections, address guest inquiries and concerns, and maintain Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) regulations.
Essential Job Functions
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Responsible for maintaining the overall operation of the resort: Oversee the evening resort operations, including the night audit process, conduct daily resort and unit inspections to ensure proper housekeeping and maintenance standards are met, maintain safety of resort for guests, owners and staff and communicate issues and activity from evening shift to department and resort managers. Demonstrate a passion and understanding of company goals, concepts, practices, and procedures for managed work group(s) and how they support related operations. Identify process improvements and best practices. (30% time)
2. Maintain positive customer relationships: Embrace and exhibit the highest level of ethics and integrity consistent with Wyndham standards, demonstrate an ability to motivate and communicate expectations with humility and respect. Respond appropriately to guest inquiries and concerns to ensure total guest satisfaction. Handle guest issues to resolution in effort to improve the guest experience and escalate any outstanding guest inquiry or concern that may require additional monitoring or follow-up, to resort manager. Make appropriate service recovery recommendations. (30% time)
3. Maintain positive associate relationships and build a "Count On Me" Culture: Exercise the ability to attract, coach, train, and retain talent by engaging and showing a genuine passion to develop others. Partner with Human Resources to minimize employee relations issues. Continuously exhibit the company’s Count on Me philosophy; be responsive to the needs of our guests, associates and all we come into contact with on the job, be respectful in every way; deliver a great experience. (25% time)
4. Ensure compliance with: Internal Audit, Quality Assurance, Loss Prevention, Resort Operating Procedures, Guest Service Department Operating Procedure, and Standard Operating Procedures. (10% time)
5. Performs other duties as needed. (5% time)
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
High School diploma or equivalent required
BA/BS degree preferred
b) Training requirements
Certified Pool Operator preferred
c) Knowledge and skills
Have proven strong leadership ability; demonstrate understanding and application of management approaches for work direction, motivation, performance management and disciplinary action.
Possess innate analytical ability to grasp numbers and understand their impact
Demonstrate the highest level of customer service to current and prospective owners in order to maintain a positive brand image and company reputation.
Ability to ensure administrative functions and duties are assigned and completed according to WVO standards, including timekeeping, vendor/board contracts, revenue documents and personnel action forms.
Create a positive work environment by maintaining the highest level of ethics and integrity consistent with applicable regulatory standards and Wyndham Vacation Ownership values.
Commands a presence of respect and humility; demonstrating the ability to motivate and readily communicate expectations and follow up.
Working knowledge of the composition of Association documents, some understanding of governing statutes and board meeting procedures.
Proven success managing budgets.
Demonstrated knowledge & application of applicable codes, laws & regulations.
Working Knowledge of Housekeeping, Front Desk, Maintenance, F&B departments.
Understanding of Labor Relations (where appropriate).
Professional appearance and excellent communication skills in dealing with associates, guests, board members and vendors.
Ability to keep sensitive information confidential.
d) Technical Skills
Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
e) Job experience
Three to five years of property Vacation ownership/hotel management experience.
Three years of supervisory experience