Entry Maintenance Technician
Location: US - CA - Truckee
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Entry Level Technicians
The Entry Maintenance Technician will provide assistance with repairs and systems maintenance, new construction, modifications, remodeling and inspections for Northstar properties in the management program including condominiums, townhomes, and single family homes.
- Performs daily/weekly/monthly maintenance tasks as assigned by manager. These routinely include but are not limited to:
- Unclog drains & toilets
- Light pilot lights (furnace, fireplace & water heaters)
- Adjust thermostats (furnace and refrigerators)
- Program remote controls
- Re-set breakers and garbage disposals
- Replace light bulbs
- Re-set screen, shower and closet doors
- Replace batteries
- Replace faulty telephones
- Troubleshoot internet and cable TV issues
- Inspection of condition of units
- Change light bulbs as needed
- Perform furnace filter changes as needed or requested
- Testing of carbon monoxide and/or smoke detectors and reporting results for the Compliance Program as needed
- Provides insight into inventory of replacement parts, supplies and hardware.
- Assists in development of programs of regular preventive maintenance for all equipment.
- Requires problem solving and initiation of less clearly defined job activities. May make relatively complex decisions about materials and equipment.
- Communicate with housekeeping and building maintenance to complete work orders in a timely fashion.
- Complete paperwork/electronic paperwork in a timely fashion.
- Guest pre check-in inspections prior to guest arrivals (make sure lights are working, heat is on, catch any issues, etc.)
- Guest Departure inspections (doors locked, lights off, heat off, trash removed etc.) as needed
- Create Work Order requests by reporting any major repairs needed to Building Maintenance.
- Linen bag pick up in overall rental areas including houses as needed.
- Delivery services for guest amenities and general items as needed
- Perform all other duties as assigned, requested or deemed necessary for guest service
- Maintains a friendly and courteous demeanor at all times.
- This role includes heavy interactions with guests. Professionalism must be demonstrated at all times.
- Must be able to work in a team environment based on the Northstar Commitment and Values.
- Requires the ability to communicate orally and in writing with some precision in grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Must possess an understanding of basic mathematical skills.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills and have the ability to interact with guests and customers of the resort in a friendly and accommodating manner.
- Requires skills in plumbing, carpentry, and electrical fields
- Additional experience in the resort industry is preferred.
- Certificate from a college or technical school; one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places.
With diverse tree-lined mountain trails, a world-class terrain park and a vibrant village, Northstar is the perfect setting for families and snow sports enthusiasts alike. Nestled in the Sierra Nevada just 15 minutes from Lake Tahoe, 30 minutes from Reno and a few hours from Napa and San Francisco, it’s easy to explore everything Northern California has to offer. Join the Northstar team and learn why Truckee, CA has been voted one of the “Top 25 Ski Towns in the World.” www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 136839