Delivering hospitality, creating value... every customer, every time is our guarantee not only to our external guests, but to our team members. At Davidson, we know that is the people who operate our hotels that make the difference between average and exceptional performance. Our goal is to recruit, hire, train, support and retain the best hotel team members in the industry. We seek motivated team members who have a passion for service, know how to have fun and desire to provide legendary service. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including medical, and 401k retirement plan. When you join Davidson Hotels & Resorts, you become family. Join us today!
Delivering Hospitality, Creating Value, Every Customer, Every Time
Davidson Hotels & Resorts is one of the largest and most successful independent hotel management companies in the industry. The combined experience of our team represents a breadth and depth of expertise that is unmatched, and we believe our people are the cornerstone of our success. We are committed to making Davidson a great place to work and provide the foundation for building successful careers. If you share our passion for delivering hospitality where details matter, apply today to join our team!
Established in 1974, Davidson Hotels & Resorts is a leader in the hospitality industry and a rapidly growing hotel company. We offer full service hospitality management, development, acquisition, accounting, and consulting expertise for the lodging industry. Our portfolio of hotels is focused on 3 and 4 star properties such as Hilton, Embassy Suites, Doubletree, Renaissance, Marriott, Westin, Sheraton, Hyatt Regency, and impressive Independent and Select Service Hotels.
In the heart of Iowa City, the Sheraton Iowa City Hotel has a unique position within this cosmopolitan community. Just steps outside of the hotel you will find the University of Iowa, as well as numerous sidewalk cafes, unique attractions, boutique shops, gourmet dining and lively performing arts. Perfect for relaxing after the game or touring the city, with 234 guest rooms and 12,000 square feet of event space. The room features the brand standard: Sheraton Sweet Sleeper II Beds along with an upgraded white bedding package, complimentary basic Wi-Fi and hard-wired internet, paid high speed Wi-Fi and hard-wired high-speed internet access, 37-inch HD flat panel televisions, Shine for Sheraton bath amenities, Starbucks One Cup coffee to get your morning started, Fitness Center, and Club Lounge.
The Mechanic responsibilities include:
• Clean machines and machine parts, using cleaning solvents, cloths, air guns, hoses, vacuums, or other equipment.
• Dismantle machines and remove parts for repair, using hand tools, chain falls, jacks, cranes, or hoists.
• Install, replace, or change machine parts and attachments, according to production specifications.
• Remove hardened material from machines, using abrasives, power and hand tools, jackhammers, sledgehammers etc.
• Replace or repair metal, wood, leather, glass, or other lining in machines, or in equipment compartments.
• Start machines and observe mechanical operation to determine efficiency and to detect problems.
• Inventory and requisition machine parts, equipment, and supplies so that stock can be maintained and replenished.
• Read work orders and specifications to determine machines and equipment requiring repair.
• Experience of 2-5 years preferred in commercial or institutional maintenance environment.
• HVAC or plumbing or electrical skills.
• Light carpentry and knowledge of paint and wallpaper.
• Certification in pool operation preferred.
• Ability to communicate effectively with public and other Team Members.
• Valid driver’s license preferred.
• Preventive maintenance background preferred.
EOE AA- Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Davidson Hotels & Resorts is a drug free workplace. Pre-employment drug test, backgrou