At BENCHMARK, a global hospitality company the definition of success is as individual as each of the over 10,000 employees worldwide who compose our award-winning teams. Each person brings unique skills, talents, experience, history, and culture to our company. Together, they form an extraordinary mosaic that supports BENCHMARK's very entrepreneurial culture. Each team member's desire for accomplishment is supported by our determination and passion to build successful and rewarding futures.
Benchmark has enjoyed a long-standing partnership with The Johnson Foundation at Wingspread and is committed to the success of this new conference offering.
The DOS at Wingspread oversees the property’s sales and marketing efforts, taking the lead role in driving budget-level revenues. More specifically, these responsibilities include:
- Manage and participate in the direct sales effort in the conference group markets.
- Sell the high potential markets and accounts and maintain an appropriate personal goal for revenue generation.
- Coordinate with Benchmark global sales and mid-west sales network to drive new business.
- Establish team and individual booking and consumption goals for the sales department.
- Take a lead role in establishing and overseeing space management and pricing guidelines.
- Create and implement the property’s marketing plan including direct and electronic marketing, public relations, social media and direct sales. Monitor all initiatives for measurement against desired results.
- Actively engage and receive support from Benchmark’s RVP of Sales/Marketing, the home office-based marketing support team and established partners.
- Supervise the property’s part-time Marketing Manager providing direction on creative and results-based expectations.
- Participate with property and home office leaders to create dynamic group programming and partnerships.
- Stay abreast of industry and competitive trends and make recommendations which would impact operations and/or demand.
- Work closely with the property Controller and General Manager on property-wide revenue budgeting and forecasting.
- Actively participate in the property’s Executive Committee.
- The DOS reports to the General Manager.
The desired candidate should have a college background and at least five years of senior-level sales experience in an upscale, group-oriented hotel or resort. Confidence in one's ability and capability of presenting one's self in a polished and professional manner are principle characteristics. The candidate must possess superior oral and written communication skills, as well as be fully literate on productivity applications. S/he should be highly numerate and analytical, with the ability to track, measure and evaluate the success of a marketing program. This individual will also have the ability to deal effectively with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy. The desired candidate will be extremely customer-service oriented, yet maintain the bottom line by balancing all business objectives.