Director of Sales
Doubletree Pittsburgh/Monroeville Convention Center
Location: US - PA - Monroeville
Prospera Hospitality is excited to welcome the Doubletree Monroeville and Monroeville Convention Center to our portfolio of Hotels.
Purpose of the Position: Administers, directs and controls the sales and marketing department to maximize sales revenue for the hotel. Through independent sales efforts, this position affects business operations and profitability. Has discretionary ability to manage rates, product lines, and commits operational hotel departments.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop pricing and market strategies with the General Manager and Revenue Manager, constant monitoring of competition and marketplace in general; must be prepared and able to react under fluctuating market conditions.
- Prepare and execute annual marketing plan, promotion and advertising plans covering sales, food and beverage events, hotel promotions, media relations as well as participating in multiple property campaigns.
- Design plans and materials for promotions and public relations.
- Meet or exceed pre-determined booking goals for guest room revenue; meet or exceed budgeted costs and revenue on a monthly average with the liberty to negotiate as needed on individual functions within established guidelines yet maintaining the overall revenue goals.
- Responsible for prompt handling (within the business day) of inquiry calls and monitoring the efficient flow of paperwork relative to confirming function details to the client.
- Compiles lists of prospective clients for use as sales leads based on information from newspapers, business directories and other sources.
- Solicit new and repeat guest room and meeting business. Maintain client base of key accounts and conventions. Determine the guest’s needs, space availability, and meeting details.
- Make outside sales calls and telemarket to obtain business. Also utilize site inspections and on-site luncheons to book business.
- Monitor pricing, service levels, facilities and function activities at competitive facilities to ensure the Hotel remains in a competitive position.
- Evaluate a potential piece of business for profitability and overall benefit to the Hotel.
- Have acquired knowledge with the ability to upsell clients, while promoting a level of service parallel to the luxury stature of the facility.
- Complete coordination of the Sales group functions; accurate and timely preparation of detailed Sales Contracts and Group Resumes as necessary to ensure a common quality understanding of what the client is to receive in terms of products and services. Review function contracts prior to distribution to client and hotel staff.
- Follows up on the progress of groups booked, such as room night pick up, rooming lists, cut off dates,
- Follow up on bookings and solicit repeat business.
- Represent hotel in community affairs and industry related events.
- Prepares periodic sales reports.
- Prepare weekly activity report to include all financial booking performance and personal call reports for active solicitation performed.
- Minimum 2 years supervisory experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a Senior Sales manager or 3 years’ experience as a Director of Sales at a full service property that has at least 150 guest rooms and 5,000 square feet of meeting space.
- High school graduate.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must have at least 2 years’ computer experience in Microsoft Word, Excel in Windows and PowerPoint. Working knowledge of Publisher, Photoshop or Illustrator a plus.
- Must be able to type 30+ wpm.
- Prefer experience with Delphi software.
- Must possess a valid Driver's License and a clean driving record.
- Will be required to work mostly day shifts Monday - Friday with some nights and weekends depending on local and hotel functions.
- Will be required to travel to trade show and functions representing the hotel
- Social Media and Digital Media knowledge