QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
- Extensive knowledge of sales, marketing and revenue management.
- Ability to analyze data and establish appropriate sales strategies.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- College degree or Associates degree with experience preferred.
- Minimum five to seven years of sales and marketing leadership in similar sized operation preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Supervisory and personnel management experience.
- Aggressive, outgoing and self-motivating individual with pleasant personality.
- Demonstrated skills in supervising and building a team high performing sales team.
- Hotel industry work experience, demonstrating progressive career growth and a pattern of exceptional performance.
- Must have valid driver license and have the ability to travel.
- Develop rates, group ceilings and deployment strategies through review of competitive data, demand analysis and mix management.
- Achieve and exceed budgeted room nights and revenue goals annually.
- Analyze and estimate total value of each piece of business and negotiate best situation for achieving optimum revenue for the hotel while ensuring excellent customer service.
- Utilize the marketing plan in order to uncover new and potential business.
- Ensure accuracy for forecasting of revenues with most updated information.
- Professionally represent the hotel in community and industry organizations and events.
- Direct the solicitation efforts of the sales staff through effective oral and written communication while overseeing rate, date and space commitments for group room sales within the hotel.
- Coordinate ongoing research of the travel industry to detect market trends and related information for development of new marketing strategies.
- Reviews the Strategic Alignment Review (STAR) report, competitive shopping reports and uses other resources to maintain an awareness of the hotel’s market position.
- Researches competitor’s sales team strategies to identify ways to grow occupancy and RevPAR and increase market share.
- Conduct sales strategy meetings to provide input on weekly and overall sales strategy.
- Identifies public relations opportunities and coordinates activities to augment the overall marketing communication strategy.
- Maintains successful performance by increasing revenues, controlling expenses and providing a return on investment for the owner.
- Implements the strategy and applicable initiatives in all aspects of the sales process and focuses on building long-term, value-based customer relationships that enable achievement of the hotel’s’ sales objectives.
- Provides day to day leadership to sales associates to achieve property sales objectives with overall responsibility for achieving booking goals and property revenues.
- Manages the marketing budget to enable development of property specific campaigns, promotions and collateral to drive revenue and meet property objectives.
- Performs other duties, as assigned, to meet business needs.
- Respond to any reasonable task assigned by General Manager.
- Assist in the sales calls, cold calls or in whatever capacity needed.
Indoors, dimly lit, carpeted, climate controlled environment. Hard kitchen floors with occasional slippery or greasy areas. Outdoors, cement surfaces, with exposure to outdoor climate and elements.
- Free Parking
- Company Hotel Travel Discounts
- 401 K
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D/V